ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ForumUser
Newly Registered

OCI query

Post by ForumUser » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:11 pm

I never got round to get my Indian passport cancelled officially after gaining British Citizenship. Would that be a problem when applying for OCI - afterall the passport is implicitly cancelled as soon as I was naturalised.

Or would the forum members recommend me to get it cancelled and then submit the photocopies of the cancelled passport with OCI application.

ForumUser
Newly Registered

Post by ForumUser » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:49 pm

Dear Forum Members,

Any inputs on whether I need to get my Inidan passport cancelled before I apply for OCI would be gratefully recieved - just that it saves me an additional trip to HCI!

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:11 am

Hello ForumUser,

not sure this will be much help as I'm not Indian, but have you rung the Indian High Commission in London? If no one has answered yet, I guess a quick phone call would do the trick.

Best,

Rogerio