ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Might have a family emergency and may have to go home.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

edthesock
Newly Registered

Might have a family emergency and may have to go home.

Post by edthesock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 am

Just over 4 weeks ago on the 3rd of Jan. I sent my ancestry visa extension application off to the Home Office. I sent it over night delivery so they got it the next day. I got my biometrics the other day and will get it dealt with tomorrow. My father has been taken ill with cancer and I am afraid for the worst and might have to go home in a hurry. How would I go about getting my passport from the Home Office and how will this affect my extension application? I don't expect to get my passport back till at least the start of April as I was told these things take 3 months.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 am

Write and request that they speed up their decision, explaining your circumstances. Do not withdraw the application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

edthesock
Newly Registered

Post by edthesock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Thank you Vinny.