ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-applying for citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiredmum

Re-applying for citizenship

Post by tiredmum » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Hi everyone. I got my citizenship in August last year. My son also sent in his application at the same time as me in 2009 but was refused due to not having enough time spent. He is classed as my dependent and wants to re-apply based on Irish Association. He sent in all his certified documents at the time of his application. Does he have to re-send the same documents again? Can't he just send in certified copies of his recent passport, my naturalised certificate, his and my birth certs? or will inis send him back all his paperwork. Has anyone had any advice on re-applying. I would appreciate some advise. Thanks in advance.

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Re: Re-applying for citizenship

Post by tj_Dublin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:17 pm

tiredmum wrote:Hi everyone. I got my citizenship in August last year. My son also sent in his application at the same time as me in 2009 but was refused due to not having enough time spent. He is classed as my dependent and wants to re-apply based on Irish Association. He sent in all his certified documents at the time of his application. Does he have to re-send the same documents again? Can't he just send in certified copies of his recent passport, my naturalised certificate, his and my birth certs? or will inis send him back all his paperwork. Has anyone had any advice on re-applying. I would appreciate some advise. Thanks in advance.
How old is he, and his he born here or abroad?

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:25 am

Hi. He was born abroad. He came to Ireland in 2005. I am a non-eea married to an irishman. I got my citizenship last year. He lived with us since he arrived in ireland.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm

For heck sake !!! HOW OLD IS HE ????? That's the most important point.

tiredmum wrote:Hi. He was born abroad. He came to Ireland in 2005. I am a non-eea married to an irishman. I got my citizenship last year. He lived with us since he arrived in ireland.

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Calm down luv..lol..he is 20. came when he was 14.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm

tiredmum wrote:Calm down luv..lol..he is 20. came when he was 14.
Tiredmum,

At the handsome age of 20, I will suggest that your son is an adult and can make application by himself and that should not make you tired :)

However, if you (He) choose the Irish Association option, which is a sensible approach, I will also assume that he is either working or in full time education. And I also assume that living in Ireland since 2005 means that he has been here since then legally. If you are not sure about his reckonable residency, you can send a letter to GNIB superintendent asking for a detailed listing of his permit - they should respond within a week or two. As with every adult, he needs to prove that he has a valid residence permit for at least 60months or 5years.

Notwithstanding, I will suggest that you (He) downloads the most recent Form 8, Nov 2011 version and follow the details therein by providing ALL the required documentation all over again - I don't think the INIS guys have the luxury of going to look for the old files and then making a copy of the documents in there. It is in your own interest to make sure that all documents are sent with the new application especially now that there is a payment regime in place.

The only difference between a new application and a "re-apply" application is that in the re-apply, you are expected to supply the reference number of your old and rejected application. Otherwise, everything else should be as expected in the current form.

And according to the F8 (Nov2011) version, for application based on Irish Association, you should " Please submit copies of all documentation proving your Irish Descent/Associations e.g. birth certificates, foreign birth registry entry, naturalisation certificates, proofs of citizenship. All copies should be certified to be true copies of original documents by a notary public, commissioner for oaths, peace commissioner or solicitor"

All the best

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. It is much appreciated. I will send the documents again and hope for the best.

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:19 pm

tiredmum wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. It is much appreciated. I will send the documents again and hope for the best.
All the very best - we are here waiting to celebrate the good news with you