ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA unemployed, could we apply for EEA3 and EEA4? Confused!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lindanirvana
Newly Registered

EEA unemployed, could we apply for EEA3 and EEA4? Confused!

Post by lindanirvana » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I am really sorry if this have been asked before, I am seriously confused.

My husband of 9 years is a EEA citizen, came to UK in 2006 and holds Residence Card, I came with him in 2006 (Non EU) and hold a Residence Document in my passport due to expire in Sep 2012.

Now, my husband worked from May 2006 until October 2010 and has been unemployed since (looking after our children). Unfortunately we just got Comprehensive Insurance since January 2011.

I’ve worked most of the time, and I am currently working full time.

As a Non-EU, I just need to know if we could apply for EEA3 and EEA4 respectively, or how should I extend my current Residence Visa in order to be allowed to keep working.

Your help is much appreciated….

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:39 pm

if he has ehic from his country than you will be alright.

my case is same my wife didnt have work for 1 month but i did provide letters that she was looking work during that period.

do you have any letter or anything indicating that he was looking for work for those time periods...

i personally belive that 2 months difference wont cause any effect

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 pm

but you can re apply for eea2 before your current eea2 expires...

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 pm

What date did you and your husband actually first enter the UK?

Did your husband stop working voluntarily or involuntarily in 2010? Did he register with the Jobcentre when he stopped working?

lindanirvana
Newly Registered

Post by lindanirvana » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:55 pm

Thank you all.

Unfortunately no EHIC from his country.
He stoped working voluntarily, but in the 5 months unemployed he was applying for other jobs, we do still have prrof of those emails and perhaps even invites to Interviews that he attended.

Should I try and apply for EEA4 and EEA3 or just not even try and go for EEA2 instead?

Our passports are currently with another Embassy (another immigration story), should I ask them back to apply or could I send another ID to them?
My current residence document expires in Sep. 2012

I realy appreciate your help, great support guys. Thanks!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:03 pm

I would suggest applying for PR (EEA3/4) but remember to include evidence of how your husband is exercising treaty rights now as self-sufficient (i.e. your income plus insurance), so that a Registration Certificate/Residence Card can be issued instead if they do not accept you have acquired PR.