ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further leave to remain question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MY
Newly Registered

Further leave to remain question

Post by MY » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:04 am

Please Please help me with this question.Just to brief you:

I was issued a spouse visa of 24 months long (married to a British Citizen) on 21.09.2009
I arrived in the UK 0n 12.12.2010(Delayed my travel for more than a year due to postgraduate course I was doing in my country).
The visa will expire on 21.12.2011.So I understand that I need to apply for further leave to remain for one year before becoming eligible for ILR.

But since I came here, I didn't get any job though my wife has been in full time job over the five years and now I am a full time master's student.

What documents do I need to submit along my application?
When do I have to make the application?
Any idea of the fee or how long it takes or the fastest way?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:09 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

MY
Newly Registered

Post by MY » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Thank you all.I got my stay extended.But one more question.
Since I have already spent one year in the UK, I was execpecting only one more year extension to later qualify for ILR(after the end two years of probabation) but they now gave me a two year biometric card and I don't understand why.
Will I still be able to apply for the ILR after the end of the year(when I complete the total 2hrs)?
Please advise me

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:14 pm

MY wrote:Thank you all.I got my stay extended.But one more question.
Since I have already spent one year in the UK, I was execpecting only one more year extension to later qualify for ILR(after the end two years of probabation) but they now gave me a two year biometric card and I don't understand why.
Will I still be able to apply for the ILR after the end of the year(when I complete the total 2hrs)?
Please advise me
2 years is the standard grant for applications for leave to remain under para 284. You can still apply for ILR once you have completed your two years (you don't have to wait a further two).

MY
Newly Registered

Post by MY » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Thank you Greenie!