ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on T2 ICT ext and switching to T2 Gen

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

Queries on T2 ICT ext and switching to T2 Gen

Post by gupta_ust » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Experts,

I know in this knowledge pool my queries might sound stupid but I would really appreciate if someone can answer my below queries:

1)For extending my T2 ICT visa my employer has issued a COS. Under section, Tier and Category, it says ICT-Long term Staff. Does that mean my category will change from T2 ICT (for rules before Apr' 10) to Long term staff under new rules?

2)I understand that still there is no clarity whether T2 ICT (for rules before Apr'10) can switch to T2 General within UK or not. Have you encountered any successful cases for these?

3) For Unrestricted T2 General COS, does employer have to advertise the position for one month in job centre?

gupta_ust

Re: Queries on T2 ICT ext and switching to T2 Gen

Post by gupta_ust » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi!! Can someone please advise?

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 pm

gupta_ust wrote:Hi Experts,

I know in this knowledge pool my queries might sound stupid but I would really appreciate if someone can answer my below queries:

1)For extending my T2 ICT visa my employer has issued a COS. Under section, Tier and Category, it says ICT-Long term Staff. Does that mean my category will change from T2 ICT (for rules before Apr' 10) to Long term staff under new rules? YES

2)I understand that still there is no clarity whether T2 ICT (for rules before Apr'10) can switch to T2 General within UK or not. Have you encountered any successful cases for these? You can switch in country, read at the link below and on Tier 2 General guidance on the UKBA website http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=88997

3) For Unrestricted T2 General COS, does employer have to advertise the position for one month in job centre?YES unless exempt
Thanks!

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Agastya80 wrote:
gupta_ust wrote: 1)For extending my T2 ICT visa my employer has issued a COS. Under section, Tier and Category, it says ICT-Long term Staff. Does that mean my category will change from T2 ICT (for rules before Apr' 10) to Long term staff under new rules? YES
Thanks a lot for your reply.
One more question, for extending my initial T 2 ICT (issued before Apr'10), do you mean my employer should have issued me a different type of COS to still keep me under Apr'10 rules? Currently they have issued COS of type "ICT-Long term Staff". Is there a different type of extension applications?

Does that mean now I am not eligible for ILR after 5 yrs?

Please advise.

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:35 pm

gupta_ust wrote:
Agastya80 wrote:
gupta_ust wrote: 1)For extending my T2 ICT visa my employer has issued a COS. Under section, Tier and Category, it says ICT-Long term Staff. Does that mean my category will change from T2 ICT (for rules before Apr' 10) to Long term staff under new rules? YES
Thanks a lot for your reply.
One more question, for extending my initial T 2 ICT (issued before Apr'10), do you mean my employer should have issued me a different type of COS to still keep me under Apr'10 rules? Currently they have issued COS of type "ICT-Long term Staff". Is there a different type of extension applications? No, i don't think there'll be any problem with your COS as you are applying for an extension application

Does that mean now I am not eligible for ILR after 5 yrs? Based on current rules you are eligible to apply for ILR if your ICT visa was issued before April 10
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

Please advise.
Thanks!