ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zara1
Newly Registered

Post by Zara1 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:04 pm

I am confused because i just found some infomation on citizens information. The question is
(11.1 HAVE YOU EVER COMMITTED ANY OFFENCES
AGAINST THE LAWS OF IRELAND OR ANY
OVERSEAS COUNTRY? YES NO
11.2 DO YOU HAVE ANY CONVICTIONS IN THE
STATE OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY (INCLUDING
TRAFFIC OFFENCES) OR ANY CIVIL
JUDGEMENTS MADE AGAINST YOU? YES NO
If you answered Yes to question 11.1 and/or 11.2 please answer questions 11.3 to 11.5. If more than one instance provide details in the additional details section.

Then i found this on
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/tr ... ences.html

Which motoring offences result in penalty points?

The Road Traffic Act 2002 provides that a total of 69 motoring offences will incur penalty points, however, not all have been implemented. At present, there are 42 driving offences that will result in penalty points. View the current list of penalty point motoring offences (pdf).

The following are some examples of how penalty points and fines are awarded.
•Speeding offences: an fixed charge fine of €80, together with 2 penalty points. If you have been caught speeding on police traffic camera, you will receive notice of your fine and penalty points of the offence by post. You have 28 days in which to pay your fine from the date the notice issues to you to pay your fine. If you do not pay your fine, the fine then increases to €120 which you must pay within 28 days. If after this time (56 days) you still have not paid your fine, the offence is referred to the courts. If you are convicted in court of speeding offences and non-payment of fines, you will automatically receive 4 penalty points and a fine up to a maximum of €800.

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Everyone, I need some info on this:

I applied for citizenship and LTR in August 2011. I have Got my LTR and forwarded the details to Citizenship Division. I want to know if anyone during the same Time Period had similar approvals and does LTR Speeds up citizenship Processing.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:53 pm

its defentily speed up the application.but you will get your within few weeks.one of my mate applied in july.she got her approval within 5 and half months.she was married to irish citizens.i also apply in august 2011.i hope we will get our soon.

ehaque
Newly Registered

Post by ehaque » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:46 am

waitingcitizen wrote:Hi Everyone, I need some info on this:

I applied for citizenship and LTR in August 2011. I have Got my LTR and forwarded the details to Citizenship Division. I want to know if anyone during the same Time Period had similar approvals and does LTR Speeds up citizenship Processing.
Hard to say. I got mine done and forwarded to Citizenship division 3 months ago. I haven't heard anything yet. A mate of mine did the same 2 months ago. He is in the same situation.

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Best Wishes....

Post by tj_Dublin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Congratulation to everybody on this forum that got their approval and ceremony date; i wish them all the best in their new journey and hopefully we that apply in early 2010 will start hearing the good news sooner than later.

biggerjosh

Query regarding spouse

Post by biggerjosh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi all
Just wanna know whether my spouse can apply for citizenship,we have been married for four years living in Ireland for about 3.5 years.I got my citizenship last year so whether she can apply on the basis of being married to a Irish citizen,the INIS states that an Irish citizens spouse can apply after three years if they both are living in Ireland for the three year period but nothing about naturalized Irish citizen.
Your response will be highly appreciated Thanks

kabutar
Newly Registered

yes she can

Post by kabutar » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 am

Hi biggerjosh

Yes she can. As she is married to Irish national ( you) and living in Ireland for 3 years or more.Processing time for spouse of EU is normally 6 months.

Good luck

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:23 pm

there will be ceremony in march definetly.dates are not yet announced .but once feb ceremony is over they will announce the dates for march ceremony.

realhope

Post by realhope » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Zara1 wrote:Kaybe and IQU
Thanks, i have been trying to check online but cant find any clear answer.
hi zara1
i have been through this before. my best advice for you is to be 100 % honest with your answers and to tell them about any offence you had. as part of the processing of application they will find out about your driving offence and because you didnt declare that it will affect you negatively.
people have been refused because of that
best wishes
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

waitingcitizen

Acknowledgment

Post by waitingcitizen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:52 am

I received my acknowledgment that my LTR approval letter has been received by citizenship division. It mentions initial processing division. Does this mean processing has actually started or is this a regular format of acknowledgment. Did anyone receive the same.

ehaque
Newly Registered

Re: Acknowledgment

Post by ehaque » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:53 am

waitingcitizen wrote:I received my acknowledgment that my LTR approval letter has been received by citizenship division. It mentions initial processing division. Does this mean processing has actually started or is this a regular format of acknowledgment. Did anyone receive the same.
The one that I received actually mentions Further Processing Team.

Sam Witwickey
Newly Registered

Waiting

Post by Sam Witwickey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:12 am

Hi all, i called them today and they said they're waiting for one final report from Garda, what kind of report is this?..Can we obtained it also?..They say is the standard report they get from the Garda for all applications. I have traffic offence but ive paid the fine for speeding...you guys thing this will be aproblem?..i've also mentioned this in the application form..need advise please..FYI i apply in 09/2010..

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

www.inis.gov.ie next citizenship ceremony in feb 2,3 2012 in rathmines cathal burgh around 2260 applicant will take oath .just check it out website good luck those who are still waiting like me? congrats for those who recieve there citizenship recently and ecremony dates .

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Post by tj_Dublin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Thats Good news, i hope we hear more approval soon.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Recent court case over delays in citizenship....

http://www.courts.ie/__80256F2B00356A6B ... anguage_en~

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 am

Hi all,
i am just wondering after the last post pertaining to the recent high court`s ruling whether a class action against the justice department is required to speed up the whole naturalisation process.Surely, we need greater accountability from INIS and more transparency in the process of dealing with naturalisation applications.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 am

all the 2260 applicant who will take oath in rathmines today and tommorow congrats.good luck is anyone else got his/her approval this week ? :roll:

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Post by tj_Dublin » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:29 am

IQU wrote:all the 2260 applicant who will take oath in rathmines today and tommorow congrats.good luck is anyone else got his/her approval this week ? :roll:
I wish them all well in their new path too.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 pm

is anyone ring citizenship divsion today.i try to called them but lines are always busy

adlexy

Re: Query regarding spouse

Post by adlexy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

biggerjosh wrote:Hi all
Just wanna know whether my spouse can apply for citizenship,we have been married for four years living in Ireland for about 3.5 years.I got my citizenship last year so whether she can apply on the basis of being married to a Irish citizen,the INIS states that an Irish citizens spouse can apply after three years if they both are living in Ireland for the three year period but nothing about naturalized Irish citizen.
Biggerjosh,

I don't think she can apply just yet. In this particular case, I think you will have to have been an Irish for at least three years.

The requirement is that the applicant MUST have been married to an Irish at least 3years. She was married to a non Irish in the first 2years and then by default married to an Irish since you became a citizen last year. Meaning that the relevant calculation will be that the she must be married to an "Irish" for 3years.

All the best,

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:42 pm

www.rte.ie i just read it in website irish pm enda kenny was there in citizenship ceremony.i cant wait to watch the rte news later.to see the smile on new irish citizens faces . good work minister and party i hope our turn will be the next ........................................

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Its never too late

southdubliner

Re: Query regarding spouse

Post by southdubliner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 pm

adlexy wrote:
biggerjosh wrote:Hi all
Biggerjosh,

I don't think she can apply just yet. In this particular case, I think you will have to have been an Irish for at least three years.

The requirement is that the applicant MUST have been married to an Irish at least 3years. She was married to a non Irish in the first 2years and then by default married to an Irish since you became a citizen last year. Meaning that the relevant calculation will be that the she must be married to an "Irish" for 3years.

All the best,

Let me correct you guys, If you are Irish Citizen at the time of application, your Spouse CAN apply provided they are living together in ireland as married couple for last 3 years...I've confirmed it with an immigration solicitor so as soon as One partner gets Irish Citizenship, the spouse Can apply on the basis of him/her.

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 am

ostrich wrote:See them happy faces :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxu8zHBvwDA
Nice work, thank you!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:02 pm

there is minister and toaiseach speech in www.inis.gov.ie and www.toaiseach.gov.ie