ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (on Tier 1) but was unemployed for 1 year 5 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

knigh7

ILR (on Tier 1) but was unemployed for 1 year 5 months

Post by knigh7 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 and I have completed my Five years. I have been employed for the past year but during the five years in the UK I was unemployed for 1 year 5 months.

would this affect my ILR application?
I have been employed for the past year with a high salary and I meet the points criteria.

Thanks,

vik_mad

Re: ILR (on Tier 1) but was unemployed for 1 year 5 months

Post by vik_mad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:42 pm

knigh7 wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier 1 and I have completed my Five years. I have been employed for the past year but during the five years in the UK I was unemployed for 1 year 5 months.

would this affect my ILR application?
I have been employed for the past year with a high salary and I meet the points criteria.

Thanks,
you will be alright then if you meet the criteria. there are cases in this forum wherein people were unemployed at the time of applying ILR and still get through. hoep this helps.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 pm

As per current rules, HO is only interested in your last 12 out of 15 month’s salary. As long as you have earned enough during this time to score points, you will be fine.