ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ltd company director, Will dividend vouchers be enough?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

v3

Ltd company director, Will dividend vouchers be enough?

Post by v3 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi All,

I have been reading the forum from past few months . I will be applying to ILR in two weeks. I am aware that as a Ltd company director we are supposed to submit

1. pay slips
2. bank statements ( personal and company)
3. letter from accountant
4. dividend vouchers since i dont have it mentioned in payslips

My problem is that due to pay roll mistake of my accountant my 2 quarters payslips ( 6 months) don't match to what i have paid from my company bank to personal. I am also partially to be blamed since i didn't check amount correctly before making payment.

I have two questions

1. I have dividend vouchers that is sufficient for my points..so my question is ..are pay slips compulsory ? or i can just present dividend vouchers, bank statements and letter from accountant ?
I have read in past case workers have rejected similar cases where dividend vouchers were enough but wrong payslips.

2. Please advice if there is a workaround ? I can generate my own payslips in company letter head to match the payments i made from my bank.

Thanks again for all the help in advance
cheers
v3

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Can you not get payslip to match the payment you have already made.
Pay the additional TAX/NIC if required and get the salaries regularised.

kmore97

Re: Ltd company director, Will dividend vouchers be enough?

Post by kmore97 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 pm

v3 wrote:Hi All,

I have been reading the forum from past few months . I will be applying to ILR in two weeks. I am aware that as a Ltd company director we are supposed to submit

1. pay slips
2. bank statements ( personal and company)
3. letter from accountant
4. dividend vouchers since i dont have it mentioned in payslips

My problem is that due to pay roll mistake of my accountant my 2 quarters payslips ( 6 months) don't match to what i have paid from my company bank to personal. I am also partially to be blamed since i didn't check amount correctly before making payment.

I have two questions

1. I have dividend vouchers that is sufficient for my points..so my question is ..are pay slips compulsory ? or i can just present dividend vouchers, bank statements and letter from accountant ?
I have read in past case workers have rejected similar cases where dividend vouchers were enough but wrong payslips.

2. Please advice if there is a workaround ? I can generate my own payslips in company letter head to match the payments i made from my bank.

Thanks again for all the help in advance
Generate full 12 months payslips matching the figures of bank deposit. Generate them in any form i.e. payslip stationiery or company letter head or plain paper, but please get each of them certified and stamped by your accountant. That will do.
For Tier1 too, the CW asks for an employment letter which you cannot produce given your situation, so they may ask for other form of documents. I was asked to show the proof of NIC contribution of my company, which I didn't carry. I carried with me the statement of my last corp tax paid, VAT reg certificate and PAYE reg certificate. My case was referred to a senior case worker and eventually it was approved, though it took bit longer than usual.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:02 pm

Given your situation, you could ask your Accountant to write a letter summarising all your earning on his official letterhead.

dkesari
Newly Registered

Post by dkesari » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:55 pm

I was reading this post and wondered about Class 2 NIC Bill. Do you know who can provide this bill. The accountant or HMRC?

Cheers.
nnj10 wrote:Given your situation, you could ask your Accountant to write a letter summarising all your earning on his official letterhead.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:45 pm

dkesari wrote:I was reading this post and wondered about Class 2 NIC Bill. Do you know who can provide this bill. The accountant or HMRC?

Cheers.
nnj10 wrote:Given your situation, you could ask your Accountant to write a letter summarising all your earning on his official letterhead.
No exp. dealing with Class 2 NICs, but I would imagine HMRC will be able to issue a statement for your Class 2 NIC contribution with your Self Employed Reg. No. and so on.

v3

Post by v3 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:35 pm

thanks all. I have now got the amended letter from accountant and also payslips amended to reflect the actual payments.

So I am applying for ILR as a limited company contractor. Please review and let me know if I am missing anything

1. 4 quarterly payslips on my company letter head
2. personal and company bank statements
3. dividend vouchers on company letter head
4. letter from accountant confirming that i am sole director , gross profit, net profit, tax, dividends taken and dates, salary and dates
5. getting invoices on company letter head , stamped and sealed
5.1 Company incorporation certificate
5.2 in the letter from accountant mentioning that my corporation tax is due only in may 2012 so I have'nt done it
6. Life in the UK test
7. Masters certificate as i got it aftermy extension
8. passport
9. absense spreadsheet
10. 5 years employment history letter from hmrc

My only issue is this NI contribution I have done in my past permanent employment however since starting my ltd company i have taken minimal salary hence 0 NI. I dont have any document, would this be a problem ?

thanks again every one. My appointment is next week so fingers crossed
cheers
v3

golu

Post by golu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:41 am

hey V3,
best of luck for your application, I am in same boat as in my payments in bank statement and my payslips dont match...

also my accounting year for company completes in june so even I cant pay corporation tax, I read somewhere that you can show you are paying VAT and use VAT reg certi as one of the documents..

also you can find out if you will get a P60 even if you dont pay tax ( assuming you are on min salary and taking the rest as dividend ).

Have you taken a profit and loss statement from ur accountant and do you know if its needed ?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Instead of P60 it is better to get a letter from HMRC showing your taxable income for previous years, as most people will have very less income on P60.

I have laready got a letter which shows the tax computation i.e. Total Taxable income including dividend income and tax paid etc.
I will use that in addition to P60.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 pm

nnj10 wrote:Instead of P60 it is better to get a letter from HMRC showing your taxable income for previous years, as most people will have very less income on P60.

I have laready got a letter which shows the tax computation i.e. Total Taxable income including dividend income and tax paid etc.
I will use that in addition to P60.
You mean you have got a letter from HMRC ??? what is this called and what number did you contact for this letter and what to ask for ?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Yes a letter from HMRC. The same number mentioned on the sticky in this forum. Guess it is Liverpool number starting with 0135.

You can call it a "Tax history letter" i.e. a letter which shows self assessment tax calcutation for each tax year.
When you phone up ask a letter showing your self assessment tax computation. i.e. showing income from both salary and dividend.

NaniHari
Newly Registered

Post by NaniHari » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:46 pm

v3 wrote:thanks all. I have now got the amended letter from accountant and also payslips amended to reflect the actual payments.

So I am applying for ILR as a limited company contractor. Please review and let me know if I am missing anything

1. 4 quarterly payslips on my company letter head
2. personal and company bank statements
3. dividend vouchers on company letter head
4. letter from accountant confirming that i am sole director , gross profit, net profit, tax, dividends taken and dates, salary and dates
5. getting invoices on company letter head , stamped and sealed
5.1 Company incorporation certificate
5.2 in the letter from accountant mentioning that my corporation tax is due only in may 2012 so I have'nt done it
6. Life in the UK test
7. Masters certificate as i got it aftermy extension
8. passport
9. absense spreadsheet
10. 5 years employment history letter from hmrc

My only issue is this NI contribution I have done in my past permanent employment however since starting my ltd company i have taken minimal salary hence 0 NI. I dont have any document, would this be a problem ?

thanks again every one. My appointment is next week so fingers crossed

Hi V3,

I am also on the same boat where I do not have all 5 yras P60, one month salary is not matching to what mentioned by accountant but ofcourse I have gone for an extension with this descepency exaplined in the accountant letter.

Please let me know ur outcome.

Wish u gud luck...

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi V3,

Did you managed to apply for ur ILR yet? I'm also in the same situation and wanted to know the exact docs you submitted.

Also did you go by the apply 28days apply in early rule to determine the exact 5yrs anniversary?

Question is - Did you count the 28 days from the date of when your current leave to remain expires of from the date you got Entry Clearance (EC) to the UK?

OneWorld5
Newly Registered

Post by OneWorld5 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:26 pm

I would suggest also take following documents with you:

- Your contract with the customer (employer)
- Previous tax returns if any
- VAt Returns of atleast 1 year
- Remittance advices if you recieve from your customer. As a contractor i get it from my agency weekly.