ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr application held by home office , please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dev_0891
Newly Registered

Ilr application held by home office , please

Post by dev_0891 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:23 am

Hello friends/ senior members help my case also is with home office, they have kept my documents and my solicitor told me to bring the latest salary slip, in this case what will be the time period for home office to clear the case, i applied just last friday, my solicitor is saying it will be around two weeks but i read so many post here which say that once ur application is stucked with home office then it takes too long like 3to 4 months, im confused, my ilr application was filed on same day basis and im on tier 2 general visa, my solicitor is saying that they got letter from home office that application is being held for further inquiry but at the same time he is telling me that they need ur latest salary slips and you will get Ilr within two days, so im confused what the case may be. Is here someone who got the ILR on same day basis but got the decision after 2 to maximum 3 weeks,
Please tell me im so worried,
I heartly apreciate you taking time to write here
Thanks
Looking forward to ur reply.
Please help

settled_now

Post by settled_now » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:40 am

Listen to your lawyer - he knows what he's doing. If he says 2 days, it will probably be 2 days.

My lawyer submitted my paperwork on a Tuesday and picked up the result on a Thursday. Lawyers don't sit around and wait for the outcome like individuals do ( their same-day appointments are for multiple applications ).

An exceptional case may well go to 2 or 3 weeks. Big deal. If you don't have an issue with absences or pay ( and your lawyer will be weel-qualified to advise on this ) you will be approved.

Not worth stressing over.