ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

query about ilr

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yasin333
Newly Registered

query about ilr

Post by yasin333 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 am

dear all,

many thanks to everyone who contribute on this website. this year in july will be 10 yrs ive been here now. never thought id be here that long. my question is when i finished my first degree, which finished in jan (same as my visa) instead of the sep before, as i had to do a resit, i sent for my student visa extension based on the fact that my graduation was to be in the coming summer and they could give me an extension on that. very naive of course but that what i was told i could do by my uni... anyway the kind people of the Ho sent me my documents back and i was told i hav to make an application on a holiday visa. instead i found a course to do my llm which started in feb and applied again on student visa (well after my initial expiry), which i received. That was like 7 years ago now, never thought much of it until now. Also once when i was applying for a visa, cant remember when, the cheque bounced and i had to submit again, and again this time after expiry. Will these count as gap on my history?
many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

yasin333
Newly Registered

Post by yasin333 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:32 am

hi thanks for that
Although this seems to cover only the cheque bit. do you think ill be able to use the same argument for when i applied student visa but was returned all the documents and told to apply for vsitor visa? the guy you referred to argued on the fact that his application has been all along valid...
or do i need to get my sar thing done first to get a better idea?
thanks again
btw, dont you sleep?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:24 am

If you have time, then for £10, it's worth getting the SAR, especially if you cannot remember the details.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.