ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can anyone recommend an HSMP Expert / Conultant?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amanos
Newly Registered

Can anyone recommend an HSMP Expert / Conultant?

Post by amanos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:24 am

Hi all

Has anyone used or can recommend the best company to use for handling my HSMP application?

I've got a situation where I moved to London in April this year and only started work in July. I've earned over the required £27,000 in the last 3 months, but am not sure if I can gain the Past Earnings points because the work has been over 3 months instead of the last 12.

Thanks
Ashley

farah

Post by farah » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:42 am

The advisors of smithstonewalters.com have worked in home office for years.I have found them very good.Contact Mr Gary Smith and give my reference

amanos
Newly Registered

Post by amanos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks. Tried calling them, but received no return call within a few hours.

Had to keep the ball moving as my 28th birthday's in 2 weeks, so am going through 1st Contact instead as per someone else's recommendation.

Just one point for ppl to keep in mind while using immigration consultants, make sure you understand whether your quote includes the price of the Further Leave To Remain application once the HSMP application is sorted.

amanos
Newly Registered

Post by amanos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks. Tried calling them, but received no return call within a few hours.

Had to keep the ball moving as my 28th birthday's in 2 weeks, so am going through 1st Contact instead as per someone else's recommendation.

Just one point for ppl to keep in mind while using immigration consultants, make sure you understand whether your quote includes the price of the Further Leave To Remain application once the HSMP application is sorted.

bergdorf

Post by bergdorf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:24 pm

There is also Workpermit.com

I don't think you should have any major problems though. Check this out and this.

Very similar situation.

amanos
Newly Registered

Post by amanos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:09 pm

Thanks bergdorf. Have read it can still be a gamble, but am relieved to hear ppl are getting approved in the same situation. The guy I'm dealing with at 1st Contact assured me I'm fine and so far I can thoroughly recommend using these guys. Stephen Atkinson is the person working on my case.

A couple of things worth mentioning as an outcome of my investigation over the last week:

- Calling the work permits help number 0114 207 4074 from both a landline (work phone) and mobile phone resulted in me being put on hold for a while, but then being disconnected after a number of minutes. This happened about 10 times in total before I gave up. Has anyone else had this problem?

- I eventually got the direct number of an HSMP case worker and spoke to someone there. She said that the case workers are NOT experts in all the rules and rely on ppl who work at that helpline number above for clarification on things. :shock: To me that is ridiculous and suggests mistakes must be occurring on the processing of applications. It really inspires very little confidence to know the most knowledgeable ppl are not processing your application, and I would certainly encourage ppl to get decisions reviewed if they don't seem right.