ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying EEA3

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

japp63
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Answers

Post by japp63 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:31 am

Yes,I've quit my job,did some travelling and had a personal project(restoring an old collection car). Romanian EHIC -for what? I have always been registered with a GP/NHS. As of surviving- no benefits or jobseekers allowance, just my savings ! Thanks for your time !

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

UKBA

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:11 am

On the negative side: voluntarily unemployed and no comprehensive sickness insurance ( CSI) for five months.

Did you travel abroad? If so, during the time you were abroad you would not have required CSI in the UK.

On the positive side: you had savings and did not claim benefits during those five months.

A person is meant to exercise treaty rights for five continuous years. However, UKBA are supposed to examine a situation and be proportional and fair in their application of the regulations.

They could use the above circumstances to reject your application for PR or you might be lucky and have it approved, but I have read on here UKBA rejecting applications based on short breaks in exercising treaty rights.

It might make a difference depending when in the five years that the five month break occurred. As it may indicate it was a one-off and you are unlikely to become a burden on the UK in the future.

Only one way to find out though and that is by applying.

If you decide to apply it may help if you emphasise that you were never a burden on the UK as you had savings ( provide proof of this) and a long history of working and that if you were travelling abroad then you were no burden on the NHS and did not require CSI in the UK while you were abroad.

boloney

Re: UKBA

Post by boloney » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 am

nonspecifics wrote:On the negative side: voluntarily unemployed and no comprehensive sickness insurance ( CSI) for five months.

Did you travel abroad? If so, during the time you were abroad you would not have required CSI in the UK.

On the positive side: you had savings and did not claim benefits during those five months.

A person is meant to exercise treaty rights for five continuous years. However, UKBA are supposed to examine a situation and be proportional and fair in their application of the regulations.

They could use the above circumstances to reject your application for PR or you might be lucky and have it approved, but I have read on here UKBA rejecting applications based on short breaks in exercising treaty rights.

It might make a difference depending when in the five years that the five month break occurred. As it may indicate it was a one-off and you are unlikely to become a burden on the UK in the future.

Only one way to find out though and that is by applying.

If you decide to apply it may help if you emphasise that you were never a burden on the UK as you had savings ( provide proof of this) and a long history of working and that if you were travelling abroad then you were no burden on the NHS and did not require CSI in the UK while you were abroad.
He was in the UK during that time.

japp63
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by japp63 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:14 am

Indeed I was in the UK all that time. As of proof of funds i kept my bank statements. ""-A person is meant to exercise treaty rights for five continuous years-"" -I know it might sound blunt coming from me,but who can make me work if i want a break. Onthe registration certificate it says "No restrictions on eployment in the UK " so that means i can take employment without restrictions if I choose to. Will definately give it a shot and be prepared with all documentation at hand. Thank you for your answers !