ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISa VALID, Passport Expired

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidzz
Newly Registered

VISa VALID, Passport Expired

Post by sidzz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:42 am

Is the biometric T4 id card still valid if the passport has expired. A friend is under the impression that she will just remain in uk until her t4 visa finishes then leave the country on her expired passport. I am sceptical about this but can only find info on expired visa, not passports.
can someone give a definite answer, so i can tell her if she needs to get to the consulate asap for a new passport?
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:51 am

She should apply for a new passport before travelling. Else, the airlines may not let her board the plane.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sidzz
Newly Registered

Post by sidzz » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:52 am

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply. I'm guessing also that the t4 visa is not valid without a valid passport?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:00 am

I think that the T4 visa is still valid until it expires or is curtailed. But it cannot be used for entry into the UK without a valid passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:31 am

Correct - the Biometric Residence Permit is still valid, but she can't travel on an expired passport. Vinny- not sure about your link - it doesn't really apply here since it appears from the OP's post that his friend has a BRP - not a vingette in the passport - so making a TOC application is not relevant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks, Greenie.