ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student overstayer need help urgently

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

layeikpyar
Newly Registered

student overstayer need help urgently

Post by layeikpyar » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:00 am

i came in here as student and since my visa renewal was refused wid no right to appeal 2 yrs ago i became overstayer. but until last week, i worked n paid tax n i dun hav n e criminal record. as my country is poor n i loathe my government, i dont want to go back home. i very much wud like to stay here legally. please dun tel me to go back to burma. oh i m not studying at all since 2yrs ago cos i cant enrol in any college. pls help me out.. thanks so much everyone,,,,,

Jeff Albright

Post by Jeff Albright » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:37 am

I am afraid it is not possible to change the status from illegal to legal in-country.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:41 am

The 14-year rule may apply if he has both legal and illegal stay totalling that period
Praise The Lord!!!!

adindas

Re: student overstayer need help urgently

Post by adindas » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:44 pm

This is another example how this guy abuse his student Visa make prospectice student difficult. This is very unfair.

It seems the 14-year rule is not an option. He is here for just 2 years (!2 years to wait ??)

Adindas

layeikpyar wrote:i came in here as student and since my visa renewal was refused wid no right to appeal 2 yrs ago i became overstayer. but until last week, i worked n paid tax n i dun hav n e criminal record. as my country is poor n i loathe my government, i dont want to go back home. i very much wud like to stay here legally. please dun tel me to go back to burma. oh i m not studying at all since 2yrs ago cos i cant enrol in any college. pls help me out.. thanks so much everyone,,,,,

Rogerio

Re: student overstayer need help urgently

Post by Rogerio » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:32 am

layeikpyar wrote: please dun tel me to go back to burma.
As Jeff said, you cannot change your status in country (unless as correctly noted you fall under the 14 yr rule, which I don't believe is your case).

Have you considered options such as HSMP, Work in Scotland scheme, getting an employer to sponsor you for a work permit, etc? These are all legal ways for you to stay here, but they will require that you leave the UK, and apply from your country of origin.

You should not, in my humble opinion, jeopardise even more your changes of legal residency by extending your period of illegality in this country.

My twopence.

Rogerio