ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa decision extended for futher enquiry,need guidance plz

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Visa decision extended for futher enquiry,need guidance plz

Post by pumnoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Hello all,
i have applied my PSW on the basis of confirmation email (of University of Wales) of passing MBA and original letter from the college. i had appointment in PEO. the decision is extended for further enquiry of the validation of my letters. is anyone tell me plz if same thing happen with him/her.
1) How long UKBA get response from UOW and how promptly and accurately University corresponds to UKBA enquiries. plzzzzzzz

derlin

Re: Visa decision extended for futher enquiry,need guidance

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:12 pm

pumnoo wrote:Hello all,
i have applied my PSW on the basis of confirmation email (of University of Wales) of passing MBA and original letter from the college. i had appointment in PEO. the decision is extended for further enquiry of the validation of my letters. is anyone tell me plz if same thing happen with him/her.
1) How long UKBA get response from UOW and how promptly and accurately University corresponds to UKBA enquiries. plzzzzzzz
It's standard procedure by the UKBA to authenticate certificates and letters with the issuing bodies before issuing PSW visa. In January 2011, UKBA asked my university to authenticate my MBA certificate. I was surprised to find correspondence emails between the UKBA casework and my university in my SAR report.
pumnoo wrote:1) How long UKBA get response from UOW and how promptly and accurately University corresponds to UKBA enquiries. plzzzzzzz
It could take hours or days to get a response from your university. It shouldn't take UOW more than 24 hours to respond to UKBA emails as I suppose there is a dedicated team responsible for such matters.

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Post by pumnoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:09 pm

thanks Derlin
I m feeling a bit relaxed now. actually i m here from last 8 and half years. and i had my extension of one and half years on ACCA. during that period i finished my MBA from the same college. Visa officer was curious that out of no where i have shown my MBA progress as in their system I m an ACCA student. secondly she also enquired with spooky smile that this is your last extension and then you will be eligible for ILR.
But anyway i hope everything should go fine.
again thanks for your response Derlin!

derlin

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 pm

pumnoo wrote:thanks Derlin
I m feeling a bit relaxed now. actually i m here from last 8 and half years. and i had my extension of one and half years on ACCA. during that period i finished my MBA from the same college. Visa officer was curious that out of no where i have shown my MBA progress as in their system I m an ACCA student. secondly she also enquired with spooky smile that this is your last extension and then you will be eligible for ILR.
But anyway i hope everything should go fine.
again thanks for your response Derlin!
My pleasure. In fact, your College should seek confirmation on your behalf whether the university officers have responded to the email.

Your ilr is just a couple of steps away. :lol:

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Post by pumnoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:21 pm

i had my appointment on 1st Feb. 2012
i submitted an email print ( of UOW) confirming the pass result of my dissertation along with original stamped letter from my college confirming the same. both letter had their unique reference numbers . i hope if UKBA enqires from any BODY, they can easily trace my data.
should i go to college and inform them about this whole story or leave it. or should i do any thing else about it or just wait.
secondly i was going through your posts which posted in others' issues... i need some useful information from you please if you can.
1: you mentioned SAR and briefly i read about it from UKBA site. should i go for requesting it and what information will it provide? is it helpful thing.
2: in one post you were mentioning about conviction something like spot conviction or unspotted conviction ( i forgot the correct word). i want to know something about it please.
actually i been consistent road runner through out my stay here. most of the times i had some accident and over speed fines and points on my licence. several parking tickets. do i need to disclose these informations whenever i apply in future.
please note that Driving points are now 5 years old and therefore removed from my license counter part. and all accident claimes are settled outside the courts. and all penalty ticket have been paid without the involvement of adjudicator.
kind regards
pumnoo

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:42 pm

did you have a letter from the university stating that you have been awarded your degree (not just stating that you have passed your dissertation)?

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Post by pumnoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:58 pm

not yet. it just states that i have successfully passed my dissertation and the degree will be issued in March. same thing is mentioned in the letter from my college. however i have provided the transcripts of the results of my theory exams as well. but those were the printouts of emails.
regards

derlin

Post by derlin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 am

pumnoo wrote:i had my appointment on 1st Feb. 2012
i submitted an email print ( of UOW) confirming the pass result of my dissertation along with original stamped letter from my college confirming the same. both letter had their unique reference numbers . i hope if UKBA enqires from any BODY, they can easily trace my data.
should i go to college and inform them about this whole story or leave it. or should i do any thing else about it or just wait.
secondly i was going through your posts which posted in others' issues... i need some useful information from you please if you can.
1: you mentioned SAR and briefly i read about it from UKBA site. should i go for requesting it and what information will it provide? is it helpful thing.
2: in one post you were mentioning about conviction something like spot conviction or unspotted conviction ( i forgot the correct word). i want to know something about it please.
actually i been consistent road runner through out my stay here. most of the times i had some accident and over speed fines and points on my licence. several parking tickets. do i need to disclose these informations whenever i apply in future.
please note that Driving points are now 5 years old and therefore removed from my license counter part. and all accident claimes are settled outside the courts. and all penalty ticket have been paid without the involvement of adjudicator.
kind regards
pumnoo
pumnoo wrote:i had my appointment on 1st Feb. 2012
Student visa rules require you to seek permission to change your course or place of study. You're relatively safe as your course switch is with the same College. As soon UoW confirms your qualification and/or results, the caseworker would process your application further. My classmates were able to obtain PSW visas without their MBA certificates, which could not be made available in time. They were provided attestations of results together with transcripts.
pumnoo wrote:Should i go to college and inform them about this whole story or leave it.? Should i do any thing else about it or just wait?
Yes! Keeping them informed enables the College to provide the necessary support to you.
pumnoo wrote:1: you mentioned SAR and briefly i read about it from UKBA site. should i go for requesting it and what information will it provide? is it helpful thing.
It's always good to know what UKBA holds on record about you especially when in doubts. However, some have reported SAR application does delay an outstanding application because it takes precedence over the latter. If you apply for SAR, which takes 40 working days to be processed, your PSW application currently with UKBA would be halted until SAR is processed.
pumnoo wrote:2: in one post you were mentioning about conviction something like spot conviction or unspotted conviction ( i forgot the correct word). i want to know something about it please.
I remember the post to which you are referring. This person wanted to know whether he/she should answer "Yes" or "No" to this question: "Have you had any conviction?" You are not obliged to declare a spent conviction unless strictly required to do so.
pumnoo wrote:actually i been consistent road runner through out my stay here. most of the times i had some accident and over speed fines and points on my licence. several parking tickets. do i need to disclose these informations whenever i apply in future.
kind regards
pumnoo
No; unless required to disclose.
Last edited by derlin on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:34 am

pumnoo wrote:not yet. it just states that i have successfully passed my dissertation and the degree will be issued in March. same thing is mentioned in the letter from my college. however i have provided the transcripts of the results of my theory exams as well. but those were the printouts of emails.
regards
Do you mean your graduation is in march or do you mean your exam board-when the university officially declare your results is in march?

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Post by pumnoo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:06 pm

[quote="Greenie"][quote="pumnoo"]not yet. it just states that i have successfully passed my dissertation and the degree will be issued in March. same thing is mentioned in the letter from my college. however i have provided the transcripts of the results of my theory exams as well. but those were the printouts of emails.
regards[/quote]

Do you mean your graduation is in march or do you mean your exam board-when the university officially declare your results is in march?[/quote]
actually i m studying in the college.
1: therefore college take all exams . when i passed my theory exams. 2:then last smester is the dissertation. which first is assessed by the college itself.
3: then it is transferred to the university. if the dissertation is passed then unversity sends a confirmation letter that you have passed your dissertation and your degree will be issued in one month time.
so i have submitted the letter mentioned in 3 along with an original letter from my college where i was studying stating about my fultime student status etc.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:19 am

pumnoo wrote:
Greenie wrote:
pumnoo wrote:not yet. it just states that i have successfully passed my dissertation and the degree will be issued in March. same thing is mentioned in the letter from my college. however i have provided the transcripts of the results of my theory exams as well. but those were the printouts of emails.
regards
Do you mean your graduation is in march or do you mean your exam board-when the university officially declare your results is in march?
1: therefore college take all exams . when i passed my theory exams. 2:then last smester is the dissertation. which first is assessed by the college itself.
3: then it is transferred to the university. if the dissertation is passed then unversity sends a confirmation letter that you have passed your dissertation and your degree will be issued in one month time.
so i have submitted the letter mentioned in 3 along with an original letter from my college where i was studying stating about my fultime student status etc.
You still haven't really answered my question. when you say the degree will be issued in one month, do you mean that this is when you will attend your graduation ceremony and receive your certificate, or do you mean this is when the exam board at the university will sit and confirm that you have been awarded your degree?

Did the letter you provided with your application meet the requirements of 62(ii) of the PSW policy guidance?

singher87
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by singher87 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi pumnoo, I'd considered going for the premium service as well but my university did mention that this is only useful if you have an extremely straight-forward application. Not that yours isn't but since you didn't have the certificate it's not surprising that UKBA want to verify.

I won't worry about this at all but would suggest not getting impatient. Remember postal applications after biometrics sometimes take weeks to get processed.

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Post by pumnoo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:44 pm

[quote="Greenie"][quote="pumnoo"][quote="Greenie"][quote="pumnoo"]not yet. it just states that i have successfully passed my dissertation and the degree will be issued in March. same thing is mentioned in the letter from my college. however i have provided the transcripts of the results of my theory exams as well. but those were the printouts of emails.
regards[/quote]

Do you mean your graduation is in march or do you mean your exam board-when the university officially declare your results is in march?[/quote]
so i have submitted the letter mentioned in 3 along with an original letter from my college where i was studying stating about my fultime student status etc.[/quote]

You still haven't really answered my question. when you say the degree will be issued in one month, do you mean that this is when you will attend your graduation ceremony and receive your certificate, or do you mean this is when the exam board at the university will sit and confirm that you have been awarded your degree?

Did the letter you provided with your application meet the requirements of 62(ii) of the PSW policy guidance?[/quote]
(in March means) yes this is when i recieve my graduation certificate (degree+transcripts).
i have already explained but unfirtunately you could not understand. basically the process of the exams is a) you get notification of result of your exams which mean yes! you have passed your cource (100%). b) then after some time you recieve your degree either you attend ceremony or just collect from your college. now i have got the notification from University of Wales that i have passed my degree and original certificates will be ready in March. so i have applied my PSW on the basis of that notification letter along with a letter from my college confirming my full time overseas student status.
i hope you will understand my point now.
regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 pm

It is not that I didn't understand, you were not answering my question. I can assure that that I know the process of how a university awards a degree - you can be given provisional results, or told you have passed your dissertation without the degree being awarded by your exam board, I was trying to establish whether you had been awarded your degree yet or not (being awarded is not the same as having your certificate).

A letter confirming your overseas student status with an email print out from the university is not sufficient for PSW, you needed to have provided an original letter from the university (given that they, and not the college, are awarding the degree), and it needs to meet the requirements of para 62(ii) of the policy guidance, hence why they now need to make further enquiries from the university and you have effectively wasted money on applying in person.

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Post by pumnoo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks Grennie
i have read 62 (ii). the letter issued by my college was exactly the same which is mentioned in 62 (ii).
i m just curious about one other thing. my caseworker told me that i need to confirm from the university as u had visa on the basis of ACCA and out of no where you have shown your MBA.
is this mean that rest of the process has already been completed and only they are waiting for the confirmation from university.
oh man i m tooo tensed!!!!!!
regards.