ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restriction Time limit on Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shahzi786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Restriction Time limit on Tier 1 General

Post by shahzi786 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm currently on Tier 1 general, got this visa last year. I'm working in medium size company at the moment and my company is sending me on different projects in different countries, I informed my company that I have restriction on my stay I mean I can stay 3 months out of UK but they said you have to do this so I'm worried that how is it possible.
So please this is my question to experts that can I stay more than 3 months out of UK? if yes then tell me the way in which I will be safe to go.
Thanks

cherrypie
South Africa

Post by cherrypie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi there,

I applied for my initial tier 1 visa in 2008. I entered UK in Jan 2009 and only stayed for 5 days. I re-entered in Dec 2011 and applied for a tier 1 extension and I have recieved this in Jan 2012. I left last week to come to Aus to apply for my husbands dependent visa and once this is processed we will return. I am not aware of this 3 month rule. I believe you won't be eligile for Indefintite leave to remain in 5 years because you would have spent too much of time outside the UK but I think you could just apply for tier 1 extension.

shahzi786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shahzi786 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Thank u for reply, but company is giving a letter in which mentions "the process or state of being seconded, the temporary transfer of a person from his normal duty to another assignment".

so do you think I can get extension but it will create problem in Indefinite.

shahzi786
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shahzi786 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Even my company will give me salary here in my UK bank account & in this my Tax will automatically will deduct. what you think in this way i will also face problem in Indefinite leave to remain. plz comment on it. anyone else can comment my issue. I'm very much stressed. Thanks.

cherrypie
South Africa

Post by cherrypie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Yes I think you can get an extension but Indefinite leave might be a problem. I used overseas earnings and bank statements to get my extension so I dont think getting an extension would be a problem for your. There might be exceptions to the Indefinite rule considering you work for a UK company but I dont know...

Maybe your best bet might be to start looking for a new job so you will be based in the UK

cherrypie
South Africa

Post by cherrypie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Are you are that if you dont qualify for Indefinite leave to remain after 5 years you can apply for another extension???

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:00 pm

cherrypie wrote:Are you are that if you dont qualify for Indefinite leave to remain after 5 years you can apply for another extension???
Please see this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=94815

If you search "180 days" you will find lots of threads discussing business trips and secondments abroad and the 180-day rule for ILR.

Good luck!