ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wife ILR granted today at croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mubasher

wife ILR granted today at croydon

Post by mubasher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi:
today ILR has been granted to my wife i have ILR on long residency 10 years basis, wife was here with me as a tier 1 dependent from last 2 years , changed her visa to spouse last week (got 2 years spouse) and next week applied for ILR which has been granted, so any one who got long residency 10 years ILR and their dependent living with them from last 2 years dont need to wait for ILR for next 2 years but need to change to to 2 years spouse visa and than can aply direct for ILR.

Thanks for every one helping me on this board.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:59 pm

congrats mubasher !

v3

Post by v3 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:31 pm

will same apply for my case too? me and my wife have been here together for 3 years in uk. Both have separate tier1 visas. I am applying for ILR next week. so after that she will apply for flr(m) first and then can she immediately apply for ILR ?
cheers
v3

CSREDDY25

Post by CSREDDY25 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:04 pm

Congrats..

Could u pleasekindly throw the light on my query..
Does the 2 year cohabitation rule means spouse must stays as your dependent for 2 years
in my case, eventhough me and my wife are together in UK for 7 years,both of us were on different visas. i will be eligible to apply for ILR in sept 2013. if my wife gets dependent visa before my ilr can we both apply togeher?

appreciate your response

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:10 am

mubasher wrote:Hi:
today ILR has been granted to my wife i have ILR on long residency 10 years basis, wife was here with me as a tier 1 dependent from last 2 years , changed her visa to spouse last week (got 2 years spouse) and next week applied for ILR which has been granted, so any one who got long residency 10 years ILR and their dependent living with them from last 2 years dont need to wait for ILR for next 2 years but need to change to to 2 years spouse visa and than can aply direct for ILR.

Thanks for every one helping me on this board.
Congratulations!
vinny wrote:She should first apply for FLR(M) and subsequently SET(M) (287(a)(i)(d)).
v3 wrote:will same apply for my case too? me and my wife have been here together for 3 years in uk. Both have separate tier1 visas. I am applying for ILR next week. so after that she will apply for flr(m) first and then can she immediately apply for ILR ?
No, as she was never your dependant prior to FLR(M). 287(a)(i)(d) is not applicable.
CSREDDY25 wrote:Congrats..

Could u pleasekindly  throw the light on my query..
 Does the  2 year cohabitation rule means spouse must stays as your dependent for 2 years 
in my case, eventhough me and my wife are together in UK for 7 years,both of us were on different visas. i will be eligible to apply for ILR in sept 2013. if my wife gets dependent visa before my ilr can we both apply togeher?

appreciate your response
The rules may be different in 2013.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:23 pm

Another success.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello mubasher,
I have appointment on cumng friday in croydon for my wife set(m).I got my ILR in long residency and my wife has been in UK as my dependant for 2 years as tier 2 dependant.she got her flr(m) and I want to apply for her set(m) as u did.Can u please msg me ur number.I want to speak to u...
Thanks and Regards