ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

previous overstay DURING STUDIES , can i still get PSW ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nishmoody
Newly Registered

previous overstay DURING STUDIES , can i still get PSW ?

Post by nishmoody » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:03 pm

i overstayed for more than 28days once during my 2nd year but ultimatly got a student visa extention.

my question is :

can i apply for PSW and still get 20 points for attribute: valid immigration status DURING STUDIES, by explaining and providing letter from University saying the previous overstay was because they fuked up my grades and it took time to sort that out. and i DID GOT AN EXTENTION STILL.

OR

are they gonna just refuse me coz i dont score 20 points i mean will they consider any discreation or is it strictly by the book kinda deal ??

Any help will be much appreciated.

derlin

Re: previous overstay DURING STUDIES , can i still get PSW ?

Post by derlin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 am

nishmoody wrote:i overstayed for more than 28days once during my 2nd year but ultimatly got a student visa extention.

my question is :

can i apply for PSW and still get 20 points for attribute: valid immigration status DURING STUDIES, by explaining and providing letter from University saying the previous overstay was because they fuked up my grades and it took time to sort that out. and i DID GOT AN EXTENTION STILL.

OR

are they gonna just refuse me coz i dont score 20 points i mean will they consider any discreation or is it strictly by the book kinda deal ??

Any help will be much appreciated.
nishmoody wrote:can i apply for PSW and still get 20 points for attribute: valid immigration status DURING STUDIES, by explaining and providing letter from University saying the previous overstay was because they fuked up my grades and it took time to sort that out. and i DID GOT AN EXTENTION STILL.
The uni letter would have to demonstrate convincingly how "f**king up your grades led to a 28-day overstay. Because your student visa was later extended, it has little or no influence on your future visa application such as the PSW.
nishmoody wrote:are they gonna just refuse me coz i dont score 20 points i mean will they consider any discreation or is it strictly by the book kinda deal ??
It all depends on the strength or weakness of your answer to question D16 of PSW app form (version 07/11).

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:27 am

Yes there is a possibility that your application could be refused because you didn't have valid leave to remain permitting you to study for the duration of your course. See a similar thread

nishmoody
Newly Registered

Post by nishmoody » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Greenie wrote:Yes there is a possibility that your application could be refused because you didn't have valid leave to remain permitting you to study for the duration of your course. See a similar thread
Thanks man , u just saved me £594 . im still a bit disappointed though , but i guess the juice aint worth sqeezing afterall.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:20 pm

nishmoody wrote:
Greenie wrote:Yes there is a possibility that your application could be refused because you didn't have valid leave to remain permitting you to study for the duration of your course. See a similar thread
Thanks man , u just saved me £594 . im still a bit disappointed though , but i guess the juice aint worth sqeezing afterall.
I said there was a possibility, not a certainty, it's up to you.