ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(O) application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

SET(O) application form

Post by Maggie Xing » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Hello all

I will apply for ILR under T2 in person in 2 weeks. My daughter will apply on the same day. She is my dependant but she is over 18. She is a full time student. So she needs to fill in a SET(O) form separately. I have some questions about her form. I would be most grateful if someone could reply.

1. My dauthter lives with me. Our home was rented.

Section 5.1 I choose c--privately rented by you? Which one should my daughter choose? d) owned or rented by a relative or friend? e) other? Give details below.

5.2 Do you partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home? Should she choose yes or no?

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?should she choose yes or no(I give her money regularly)?

2. Section 6.2 Reason for absence

She went back home country for 66 days in last year at her summer holiday. So how should she write the reason for absence?

3. Section 10.A Your Finances
Does she need to tick the box?

4. I am confused because Page 39 is Section 11 but Page 40 is Section 10
and they have the same title--CONSENT FOR THE UK BORDER AGENCY TO REQUEST VERIFICATION CHECKS. I think Page 39 should be Section 10 which must be printed by mistake. Anyway should my daughter sign on Page 39?

Many thanks!

derlin

Re: SET(O) application form

Post by derlin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:14 am

Maggie Xing wrote:Hello all

I will apply for ILR under T2 in person in 2 weeks. My daughter will apply on the same day. She is my dependant but she is over 18. She is a full time student. So she needs to fill in a SET(O) form separately. I have some questions about her form. I would be most grateful if someone could reply.

1. My dauthter lives with me. Our home was rented.

Section 5.1 I choose c--privately rented by you? Which one should my daughter choose? d) owned or rented by a relative or friend? e) other? Give details below.

5.2 Do you partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home? Should she choose yes or no?

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?should she choose yes or no(I give her money regularly)?

2. Section 6.2 Reason for absence

She went back home country for 66 days in last year at her summer holiday. So how should she write the reason for absence?

Does she need to tick the box?

4. I am confused because Page 39 is Section 11 but Page 40 is Section 10
and they have the same title--CONSENT FOR THE UK BORDER AGENCY TO REQUEST VERIFICATION CHECKS. I think Page 39 should be Section 10 which must be printed by mistake. Anyway should my daughter sign on Page 39?

Many thanks!
Maggie Xing wrote:1. My dauthter lives with me. Our home was rented.
d) owned or rented by a relative or friend.
Maggie Xing wrote:5.2 Do you partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home? Should she choose yes or no?
Yes
Maggie Xing wrote:5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?should she choose yes or no(I give her money regularly)?
Yes
Maggie Xing wrote:Section 6.2 Reason for absence. She went back home country for 66 days in last year at her summer holiday. So how should she write the reason for absence?
Summer holidays.
Maggie Xing wrote:3. Section 10.A Your Finances. Does she need to tick the box?
Yes; because she has answered to Section 5. Evidence of funds would, in this case, be provided by the sponsor (you).
Maggie Xing wrote:4. I am confused because Page 39 is Section 11 but Page 40 is Section 10
Yes. The top section titled "From the Applicant".

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:32 pm

Thank you very much Derlin for your replies.

Do I need to sign the CONSENT on my daughter's form? I mean at the bottom of Page 39-Name and address of joint customer?

Thanks again!

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:18 pm

We got our ILR last month including for my 20 year old daughter without any problem even though my daughter was absent for more that 600 days as she is studying in India.

If requested the same CW will take the case of your daughther if your case is successful.

In section 3 choose other and say
"over 18 year dependent child applying with parents who are at the same time applying for ILR under Tier 2 category"

My replies to your questions below

1. Choose - Other -Details= "Living with Parents", 5.2 to 5.5= No

2. Section 6.2 Reason for absence = "holidays" or something similar (however this does not have any affect on your ILR deceision as dependants only condition is that they should be in the UK when they apply.

Does she need to tick the box? - No

Do not forget to fill 10V - documents required =
i. a covering letter stating the reason for applying,
ii. a letter from you supporting her application and clearly stating that she is dependent upon you and not leading an independent life. (mandatory)
iii. Univiersity admission letter or similar to prove that she is a student (not mandatory)

4. Do not worry about page 40 (it applies for 3rd party applications). Fill in the first part of page 39, section 11.

Do not provide more than asked for. In my daughters case they did not even go through the application fully. The CW only checks your letter and the section 7 (only to compare with their records)

And finally the Full adult Fees £1350.

Good Luck.

derlin

Post by derlin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:40 pm

ceyes wrote:We got our ILR last month including for my 20 year old daughter without any problem even though my daughter was absent for more that 600 days as she is studying in India.

If requested the same CW will take the case of your daughther if your case is successful.

"over 18 year dependent child applying with parents who are at the same time applying for ILR under Tier 2 category"

2. Section 6.2 Reason for absence = "holidays" or something similar (however this does not have any affect on your ILR deceision as dependants only condition is that they should be in the UK when they apply.

ii. a letter from you supporting her application and clearly stating that she is dependent upon you and not leading an independent life. (mandatory)
iii. Univiersity admission letter or similar to prove that she is a student (not mandatory)

4. Do not worry about page 40 (it applies for 3rd party applications). Fill in the first part of page 39, section 11.

Do not provide more than asked for. In my daughters case they did not even go through the application fully. The CW only checks your letter and the section 7 (only to compare with their records)

Good Luck.
ceyes wrote:1. Choose - Other -Details= "Living with Parents", 5.2 to 5.5= No
This answer is logical. Sadly, there's no provision on Section 5 of SET(O) form version 10/2011 for this option: "Living with Parents".

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:50 pm

derlin wrote:
This answer is logical. Sadly, there's no provision on Section 5 of SET(O) form version 10/2011 for this option: "Living with Parents".
Please read my reply as well as the application carefully - Seciton 5.1 option (e) OTHER - on the top right corner of page. and for "details" manually write - Living with parents!!!

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:10 pm

ceyes wrote:We got our ILR last month including for my 20 year old daughter without any problem even though my daughter was absent for more that 600 days as she is studying in India.

Good Luck.
Thank you very much ceyes!

Do I need to sign the CONSENT on my daughter's form as well? If so on which part will I need to sign?

Did your daughter produce her Birth Certificate and her bank statements?

Many thanks!

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:23 pm

Maggie Xing wrote:Thank you very much ceyes!

Do I need to sign the CONSENT on my daughter's form as well? If so on which part will I need to sign?

Many thanks!
No. You need not sign anywhere on the form except on the payment form (if you are making payment with your card). You only have to write a letter of support.

No. ... Birth certificate not required if child is not born in UK

No ...Bank statments required.

However be ready to produce some kind of proof to show that your daughter is depended upon you. for Ex- your bank statement showiing you making a payment towards her uni expenses, hostel etc. (In my case I had produced her uni admission letter and bonafide certificate) ( I had also with me my bank statements showing money sent to her Indian account but were never asked)

derlin

Post by derlin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

ceyes wrote:
derlin wrote:
Please read my reply as well as the application carefully - Seciton 5.1 option (e) OTHER - on the top right corner of page. and for "details" manually write - Living with parents!!!
I have!

Maggie Xing
Newly Registered

Post by Maggie Xing » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:00 pm

ceyes wrote:
Maggie Xing wrote:Thank you very much ceyes!

Many thanks!
No. You need not sign anywhere on the form except on the payment form (if you are making payment with your card). You only have to write a letter of support.

No. ... Birth certificate not required if child is not born in UK

No ...Bank statments required.

However be ready to produce some kind of proof to show that your daughter is depended upon you. for Ex- your bank statement showiing you making a payment towards her uni expenses, hostel etc. (In my case I had produced her uni admission letter and bonafide certificate) ( I had also with me my bank statements showing money sent to her Indian account but were never asked)
Many thanks ceyes!

Do you mean my bank statements are required not hers?

Did you produce your credit card statements(I mean for your own application not your daughter's.)?

You had also with you your bank statements showing money sent to your daughter's Indian account but were never asked. Did you list them on the last page which asked for A Listed items How many? and B Other documents How many?

I read some posts it said they prepared lots of documents but only some of them were asked. For example if I prepare 12 months bank statements but maybe just last 3 months are asked on the premium application in person at PEO. Should I put 12 or 3 into the list table?

Thanks again!