ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freedom of Information Act

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier-1

Freedom of Information Act

Post by tier-1 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:43 am

Hello friends, Can you tell me weather I can use FOI act to know how my visa application was processed ie which all department did it go to and how much time did each department take?

derlin

Re: Freedom of Information Act

Post by derlin » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:34 am

tier-1 wrote:Hello friends, Can you tell me whether I can use FOI act to know how my visa application was processed ie which all department did it go to and how much time did each department take?
In principle, yes! By time, are you referring to number of days or labour hours?

tier-1

Post by tier-1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm

derlin wrote:
tier-1 wrote:Hello friends, Can you tell me whether I can use FOI act to know how my visa application was processed ie which all department did it go to and how much time did each department take?
In principle, yes! By time, are you referring to number of days or labour hours?
I meant number of days. Have you used FOI act yourself for such a thing or know about this well.

Thanks for your reply though.

derlin

Post by derlin » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 pm

tier-1 wrote:
derlin wrote:
I meant number of days. Have you used FOI act yourself for such a thing or know about this well.

Thanks for your reply though.
I have used FOI before but not in the same request category as yours. I requested for all correspondence exchanges between me and UKBA, HO and British Higher Commission Office in my country for the last 11 years be forwarded to me.