ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help requested with my ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Help requested with my ILR application

Post by malepiscean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:12 am

My UK immigration history
1) Entered the country on 01-Feb-2007 on a 5 year work permit (Indian passport)
2) Switched to Tier 1 General on 06-Sep-2010 (validity until 06-Sep-2012)

Employment & Business Travel
1) Remained throughout with the same employer, still with them.
2) Travelled to Germany for business, almost every week for 2-3 days in 2009. Had some other trips for business to Singapore (once for 19 days) and Geneva (twice for 2-3 days each)
3) Maximum single business trip length in 5 years was 19 days
4) Total business absences in 5 years is amounting to 193 days (as per my calculations based on stamps in the passport and e-tickets). I had requested for a SAR sometime back but it had almost nothing in it. Due to my total number of trips being high (61), some of the stamps on my passport are not readable at all.
5) Received full salary in UK and paid all taxes (income tax and NI contributions) for the whole 5 years in this country.

Personal situation and travels
1) I'm single, so sole applicant
2) Indian passport holder so haven't done any police verification (although I do have a clean CRB check dated Sep-2011 for my own peace of mind)
3) I have 107 days of personal travels in the past 5 years. The longest trip was 18 days. I get 27 days of paid vacation each year.
4) I never had an unpaid absence from UK

ILR Application and Documents I'm planning to submit
1) I have an appointment with PEO in Croydon on 05-Jan-2012 morning and submitting following documents:
i) SET (O) form + Passport + 2 photographs
ii) LIUK certificate
iii) 4 P60 (I'm missing 1) and HMRC Tax History letters covering that 1 year for which I dont have a P60
iv) T1 G and Work Permit approval letters
v) Last 12 months payslips + Bank statements + letter from employer endorsing each month's gross and net salary along with date of payment
(I'll carry last 5 years pay slips - just in case)
Note: My income level has gone up since switch to T1G and am able to score enough points as per the guidance (at least 80 for my situation)
vi) Tenancy agreements for the last 3 years (prior to that I was in company accommodation)
vii) December 2011 bank statements showing sufficient funds for ability to maintain myself
viii) Original degree certificates (along with NARIC certificate of comparability - I was able to get points for my degree while switching to T1G)
ix) Letter from employer endorsing every single one of the business trips (template and content very similar to the sticky on this forum)
x) Letter from employer endorsing every single one of the personal trips as paid vacation (template and content very similar to the sticky on this forum)
xi) A general reference letter from employer indicating salary, designation, start date of employment etc.

Questions / Things I'm quite worried about

1) Absences: I do have 2 letters endorsing all of my trips (business and paid vacation), is there anything else I can do/say to make my case stronger? Do you think carrying e-ticket printouts would help?
2) Proof of residence: Like mentioned above for nearly the first 2 years I was in a company accommodation for which I dont have any tenancy agreements. Do you think that will cause any problems?
3) Utility bills: Because of (2) above and some other reasons I dont have a single utility bill continuously for the past 5 years. Could this be an issue?
4) Imagining the worse: let's say due to the absences the ILR gets refused, will this have any impact on my future T1G extensions? Or any other adverse impact?
5) Decision times: Given my situation (particularly absences) how likely do you think I won't get a same day decision? In such a situation, will I have an option to come and collect the passports in person (whatever the ultimate outcome)?

Anything else that you can suggest/ recommend would be greatly appreciated...particularly around docs NOT in the above list that might be relevant to my case...I guess there is no sleep for me until I get this over with.
Sorry for the long post, and many thanks in advance.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 am

Based on the information you have told, your application looks very straight forward and should be decided on the same day.

I don’t see any of the things you have mentioned (the absences and utility bills etc) would cause any issues.

I am also in a similar situation as you are and will be applying at PEO Croydon in May 2012 (HSMP + Tier-1) and thinking of getting CRB check just for my own peace of mind. Did you get a normal CRB or the extended one ?

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Post by malepiscean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks. Can I please request one of the moderators to also respond?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Help requested with my ILR application

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:00 pm

Hi,

I think your application is straight forward. I am also on the same boat as you. only difference is I am self employed . Let me know the outcome of your application.

For 100 % authentic advice, wait for experts to reply

Thanks,

Jafar

malepiscean wrote:My UK immigration history
1) Entered the country on 01-Feb-2007 on a 5 year work permit (Indian passport)
2) Switched to Tier 1 General on 06-Sep-2010 (validity until 06-Sep-2012)

Employment & Business Travel
1) Remained throughout with the same employer, still with them.
2) Travelled to Germany for business, almost every week for 2-3 days in 2009. Had some other trips for business to Singapore (once for 19 days) and Geneva (twice for 2-3 days each)
3) Maximum single business trip length in 5 years was 19 days
4) Total business absences in 5 years is amounting to 193 days (as per my calculations based on stamps in the passport and e-tickets). I had requested for a SAR sometime back but it had almost nothing in it. Due to my total number of trips being high (61), some of the stamps on my passport are not readable at all.
5) Received full salary in UK and paid all taxes (income tax and NI contributions) for the whole 5 years in this country.

Personal situation and travels
1) I'm single, so sole applicant
2) Indian passport holder so haven't done any police verification (although I do have a clean CRB check dated Sep-2011 for my own peace of mind)
3) I have 107 days of personal travels in the past 5 years. The longest trip was 18 days. I get 27 days of paid vacation each year.
4) I never had an unpaid absence from UK

ILR Application and Documents I'm planning to submit
1) I have an appointment with PEO in Croydon on 05-Jan-2012 morning and submitting following documents:
i) SET (O) form + Passport + 2 photographs
ii) LIUK certificate
iii) 4 P60 (I'm missing 1) and HMRC Tax History letters covering that 1 year for which I dont have a P60
iv) T1 G and Work Permit approval letters
v) Last 12 months payslips + Bank statements + letter from employer endorsing each month's gross and net salary along with date of payment
(I'll carry last 5 years pay slips - just in case)
Note: My income level has gone up since switch to T1G and am able to score enough points as per the guidance (at least 80 for my situation)
vi) Tenancy agreements for the last 3 years (prior to that I was in company accommodation)
vii) December 2011 bank statements showing sufficient funds for ability to maintain myself
viii) Original degree certificates (along with NARIC certificate of comparability - I was able to get points for my degree while switching to T1G)
ix) Letter from employer endorsing every single one of the business trips (template and content very similar to the sticky on this forum)
x) Letter from employer endorsing every single one of the personal trips as paid vacation (template and content very similar to the sticky on this forum)
xi) A general reference letter from employer indicating salary, designation, start date of employment etc.

Questions / Things I'm quite worried about

1) Absences: I do have 2 letters endorsing all of my trips (business and paid vacation), is there anything else I can do/say to make my case stronger? Do you think carrying e-ticket printouts would help?
2) Proof of residence: Like mentioned above for nearly the first 2 years I was in a company accommodation for which I dont have any tenancy agreements. Do you think that will cause any problems?
3) Utility bills: Because of (2) above and some other reasons I dont have a single utility bill continuously for the past 5 years. Could this be an issue?
4) Imagining the worse: let's say due to the absences the ILR gets refused, will this have any impact on my future T1G extensions? Or any other adverse impact?
5) Decision times: Given my situation (particularly absences) how likely do you think I won't get a same day decision? In such a situation, will I have an option to come and collect the passports in person (whatever the ultimate outcome)?

Anything else that you can suggest/ recommend would be greatly appreciated...particularly around docs NOT in the above list that might be relevant to my case...I guess there is no sleep for me until I get this over with.
Sorry for the long post, and many thanks in advance.

chrams

Post by chrams » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi malepiscean,
I read your thread and by looks of it your case would be Fine. you will come with smaily face :)
Make sure you put all your documents in a structured way and try to take a set of photocopies.

For the peace of mind I gone through a Solicitor but after all I paid their service fees they did nothing and I would have presented my application in a better way. They are failed even to process my paymnet. (Banker's Draft) If I had attended I would have called up my credit card company and would have cleared up payment. Now My Solicitor charged extra money for the HO mal-administration.

Make sure you call your banker for the payment processing when you are in PEO.

I will update my stuff tomorrow until then as usual nail-biting like every one else. :)

But I am confident that as long as we have required evidence and documents, UKBA cannot stop us issuing ILR. It applies to you also.

I know it is not easy, but try your best to be easy

Cheers,

chrams

malepiscean
United Kingdom

Post by malepiscean » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks chrams, really appreciate your kind words. Good luck once again.

Can I still please request one of the moderators to also respond?

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Hi malepiscean,

How did your application go? Was your ILR approved? Hope it was all well
and you received your ILR.