ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On Student Visa , but failed in Course. Can I do new Course?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DesperateStudent
Newly Registered

On Student Visa , but failed in Course. Can I do new Course?

Post by DesperateStudent » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:05 pm

I am an Overseas student , currently in Scotland . I am here on a Student Visa , which will expire by Feb 2007

Unfortunately I am not sureabout whether I would be able to pass my current course , so I am looking for doing another course

Can you please say whether I can extend my STUDENT visa ?

Will my FAILURE in the previous course be a problem ?

Jeff Albright

Re: On Student Visa , but failed in Course. Can I do new Cou

Post by Jeff Albright » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:52 pm

DesperateStudent wrote: Can you please say whether I can extend my STUDENT visa ?

Unfortunately, the rules state that you have to be able to follow the course you have chosen. If you cannot follow it, it will be difficult to extend your visa or obtain another one.
I am sure your university will help you the best they can and give you extra time if you fell behind with your studies. As long as you do not keep it to yourself and talk to them. No doubt you will get all the help you need.

Best wishes

adindas

Post by adindas » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Hi Friend
Did you pay your tuition fee (NOT registration fee)?
Did you attend the course regularly?

This is important information if you want people to help you.

Adindas

DesperateStudent wrote:I am an Overseas student , currently in Scotland . I am here on a Student Visa , which will expire by Feb 2007

Unfortunately I am not sureabout whether I would be able to pass my current course , so I am looking for doing another course

Can you please say whether I can extend my STUDENT visa ?

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:40 am

DesperateStudent wrote: Can you please say whether I can extend my STUDENT visa ?
Sorry to hear about your predicament.

I am assuming you are doing a university type of course. Please let me know if otherwise.

If so, please consider

1) contacting your tutor immediately. Your tutor should be able to show you alternative ways for you to complete your course successfully, maybe with a little bit more of additional help.

2) contacting the International Office at your uni/school, and explain the situation - many students do need extra time to re-sit exams, and they are well acquainted with the Home Office procedures in such cases.

3) keeping written evidence of these contacts you make, because when you submit the extension request to the Home Office, you will have proof that you did all within your power to be able to successfully complete your studies.

Rogerio

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:45 am

Just realised this is a duplicate post !

Moderators, can you please lock it?

Tx,

Rogerio