ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

claiming housing benfit while applied for ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mubeen
Newly Registered

claiming housing benfit while applied for ILR

Post by Mubeen » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:12 pm

I applied for ILR after spouse visa on 28th Dec and after 20 days i lost my job. My wife is British citizen.

Please tell me

Can we applied for housing benefit?

Will it effect my application (ILR)?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: claiming housing benfit while applied for ILR

Post by mochyn » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:05 am

Mubeen wrote:I applied for ILR after spouse visa on 28th Dec and after 20 days i lost my job. My wife is British citizen.

Please tell me

Can we applied for housing benefit?

Will it effect my application (ILR)?
Yes you can apply for housing benefit and it will have no effect on your application for ILR

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:30 am

Correction-you should not apply for housing benefit because you still have no recourse to public funds and to claim would be a breach of your conditions. Your wife can claim but must do so as a single person and declare and income or savings you have.

Mubeen
Newly Registered

Post by Mubeen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks for your reply.

Is my wife eligible to apply housing benefit as a single person as we living together and has one child?

if my wife applied JSA and housing benefit, will it not effect on my ILR?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:56 am

She would apply as a single person because you are not entitled. But when declaring income in the application, she would need to declare your income and any savings you both have.

Mubeen
Newly Registered

Post by Mubeen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Thanks for your help...

Mubeen
Newly Registered

Post by Mubeen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:32 pm

i saw Housing benefit forms, there they asked couple details and declaration signs. is there any need to mention on the form that my wife is applying as a single person because on the form they didn't ask?

hope u can understand my confusion :-s

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:37 pm

you need to make sure you declare on the form that you have no recourse to public funds. In practice it probably won't make any difference as to how much money she receives.

Mubeen
Newly Registered

Post by Mubeen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:46 pm

do i need to sign on the housing benefit forms or not?

austin91
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application and Benefit enquire Urgent Answer please!!

Post by austin91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Hi, Could someone answer me please, My wife is EEA citizen with registration certificate that she got last year. while im Non EEA National and have just applied for my EEA2 application but haven,t heard anything from HomeOffice. My wife is working at moment but will stop working as we are expecting a newborn baby and im not working. so she is planing to apply for child benefits, child Tax credit and housing benefit. but am afraid if that will course my application being refuse. please i need urgent reply. many thanks

austin91
Newly Registered

Benefits on EEa2 Application Urgent Answer please !!!

Post by austin91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi, Could someone answer me please, My wife is EEA citizen with registration certificate that she got last year. while im Non EEA National and have just applied for my EEA2 application but haven,t heard anything from HomeOffice. My wife is working at moment but will stop working as we are expecting a newborn baby and im not working. so she is planing to apply for child benefits, child Tax credit and housing benefit. but am afraid if that will course my application being refuse. please i need urgent reply. many thanks