ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chartered / Certified Accountant verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mbhong1
Newly Registered

Chartered / Certified Accountant verification

Post by mbhong1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 am

Hi everyone,

I understand that for Tier 1 General extension purposes, when I submit earnings info prepared by an agent / accountant, they need to be chartered or certified accountant.

I operate through a limited company (employee of my own company) and I use an agent to do my paperwork and tax returns, but they're not qualified accountants. Do I need to get the earnings info. prepared by them separately verified or certified by a chartered accountant and if so, what sort of verification work would the chartered accountant need to do?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michelle

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:37 am

It depends on whether you will be submitting a letter prepared by an accountant.

If not (so it's just your payslips and dividend tax vouchers) then you would just submit what has been prepared by the agent, ensuring beforehand of course that everything is in order.

If you were requiring a letter from an accountant then you would usually be required to supply the relevant information that would be needed for the accountant to complete the letter - so what payslips/vouchers you have, bank statements etc etc, basically anything that is relevant.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.