ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding Verification of experience

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paramjit2k

Query regarding Verification of experience

Post by paramjit2k » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:54 am

Hi,

Which contact do case worker's use...the one which is maintained on the letter head...or we need to provide some reference where they can contact the employer...

Because usually in big companies, the email can be lost or ignored...

As per your advice, I will guide my all past employers..how do the call will come?

Regards,

Paramjit

paramjit2k

Re: Query regarding Verification of experience

Post by paramjit2k » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:38 pm

can anyone help me in this regard?

paramjit2k wrote:Hi,

Which contact do case worker's use...the one which is maintained on the letter head...or we need to provide some reference where they can contact the employer...

As per your advice, I will guide my all past employers..how do the call will come?

Regards,

Paramjit

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:11 pm

Though I have no prior experience on this, here is what I think:
If you can provide the direct contact numbers of the referees, mention that in your cover letter (unless the letterhead carries the direct number of your referee). Because if they call on the office board numbers and for whetever reasons they are not able to speak to the referee they will reject for "lack of verification". I don;t think they will try more than a couple of times to get in touch with your referee.
Not sure if email is used for verification, but as per information on the forum from different members, phone and fax are definitely used. Don't leave anything to chance, tell your referees that local BHC might be in touch with them and in your best interests it is required that they reply to the queries from BHS on priority. Request them, beg them, whatever .... but if your application does get to the verification stage then your referees are the only saviours. One of the MOST COMMON reasons for rejection is worke exp. and that too lack of verification.
I will guide my all past employers..how do the call will come?
Do that. I think this is very important bit.

regards

root

Post by root » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:22 am

I clearly mention in one of my companies is closed so they wont be able to verify this company. I hope then they will try to contact this company.

my director who signed my letter is in UK head office and I am in pakistan branch. so he made a letter on Pakistan branch letterhead but gave telephone no of UK in reference letter. Will they contact on UK no..?

and what if the case signee not present in the office when they called then?

arundean
Newly Registered

Verification of experience

Post by arundean » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Hi,

My company is not aware of my applying for HSMP. Do they always phone up the company for verification of experience?

Regards

Arun

paramjit2k

Hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:42 am

Most probably they do...dont go for any chances...tell some person in HR, that call wil cum and give her/his reference number to Home dept...
:wink:

Regards,

Paramjit