ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-take exams

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

Re-take exams

Post by gurungboi2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a question here. I recently failed in my course so I have to retake it. But the problem is that the college which is a private college is demanding to pay the full course fee if we want to retake our exam. I mean is it really legal to do that?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:34 pm

what does it say in the contract/agreement you signed with them and in their terms and conditions?

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

Post by gurungboi2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:38 am

well did not read the quite properly but don think that there was such thing in the contract. and before the rules changed in july 2011, all those who failed could re-take the exam without any money or what so ever expect for the registration fee which is of course compulsary.

but from my thinking is that since they are lesser students now in the college, they are trying to extort money from us..

and the reason what we get is something like a punishment for failing-.-

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 am

you need to check the contract and the student handbook to find out what their policy is. it is usual for students to have to pay a futher fee to repeat modules.

gurungboi2
Newly Registered

Post by gurungboi2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:13 am

well exam fees yes i know i have to pay but the full course fee??

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ..

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:18 am

gurungboi2 wrote:well exam fees yes i know i have to pay but the full course fee??
it depends on how much of the course you need to repeat. If you have to retake the whole module in full (i.e. attend classes not just take the exam) then they may charge you full fees. You need to check your contract and their policy as already advised.