ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In great trouble... needing urgent advise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

double_trouble
Newly Registered

In great trouble... needing urgent advise

Post by double_trouble » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Dear All,
I come to know about this form from one of my friend who got great good help on his ILR, so i am hoping i will get some help my issue here.

i am on Tier-1 (General)3 years visa just now , i was on HSMP for 2 years since may 2007.my ILR is due in May 2012. now, here's problem.
last week i had been charged with Failure to Stop and Failure to report to Police because i bumped onto car while reversing my car in Tesco Car park.i didn't know that there was a car behind me so i drove off. (that was my life's greatest mistake, i should have got out and should have looked what had happened), Police officer told me that i have been charged with above two conducts and i will get fine & penalty point or both. and it would take up to six months to get decesion from procurator fiscal. here's my querry-
1. would these punishments come under Criminal offences or Road traffic offences.
2.If i apply for ILR and if i don't have anything from court by that time and i declare above charges on my application. Would it be straight forward rejection from home office?
3.once i get fine and points on my licence, do i need to wait till certain time before i apply for ILR.
4. If i apply for my Tier-1 General extension, will they refuse my application on the ground of above charges?
sorry these incident has stolen my sleep and i am in constant worries that what would happen to me and my family if i don't get extension.

Thanks everyone in advance.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi brother

If you are convicted court before your 28 day prior to eligibility- I am afraid you will have to wait for 5 years from the date of conviction to have it spent.

If you are not convicted by then I would still mention but it will be in the hands of caseworker. It is possible you may get ILR.

I don't think this will affect your extension.

Doubletrouble

double_trouble
Newly Registered

Post by double_trouble » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:20 pm

hi, thanks. the Police officer told me that i will get fine & points on licence or both if i plea guilty (which i am going to..) but can't say until i get any official letter from court. if i don't plea guilty it will go to court which i want to avoid, i don't want to involve court on this. and it was my mistake anyway. for safe side i would like to extend my tier-1 and then after few months i will apply ILR. but i just want to know these charges would affect my tier-1 extension?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:31 pm

If you get an unconditional discharge or probably a point on your licence, you should be alright to apply for ILR much sooner than 5 years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

drzeevoh73

Post by drzeevoh73 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:32 pm

No, they wont effect your Tier 1 Extesion and for me it wont effect your ILR as well, as long as you dont get fined by a Court.

double_trouble
Newly Registered

Post by double_trouble » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Does anyone know punishments/fines by Procurator fiscal(scotland) is same as Court conviction?
Are these pending charges would affect my Tier-1 extension.
does anyone know good immigration consultant/lawyer who could give me insight on this kind of problem.
also, does anyone know a trick to book an online appointment for Tier-1 General ext. i can see lots of slots for ILR but none coming for Tier-1 general.

doubletrouble

Post by doubletrouble » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:00 pm

I had similar offence (now spent) I pleaded guilty. The letter came from court so it doesn't matter if you plea guilty or not it still needs to be spent.
double_trouble wrote:hi, thanks. the Police officer told me that i will get fine & points on licence or both if i plea guilty (which i am going to..) but can't say until i get any official letter from court. if i don't plea guilty it will go to court which i want to avoid, i don't want to involve court on this. and it was my mistake anyway. for safe side i would like to extend my tier-1 and then after few months i will apply ILR. but i just want to know these charges would affect my tier-1 extension?