ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa status of my British born son following ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SpokenHands

Visa status of my British born son following ILR

Post by SpokenHands » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 pm

I have recently received my ILR alongwith 2 dependants
I did not apply for ILR for my British born son.
What is his current visa status?

(he has leave to remain till January 2014 as my tier 1 PBS dependant, but with my change of status, I am not clear about his status technically.)

We don't have any plans to travel overseas at his time but should we leave the uk, will he have difficulty returning?

I intend to apply for his MN1 registration in January 2013 along with his sibling unless there is a compelling reason to do so immediately.

If I wish to discuss this with the HO / UKBA, is there a preferred number I should call? Thank you.

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Re: Visa status of my British born son following ILR

Post by meet2tripathi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

SpokenHands wrote: I intend to apply for his MN1 registration in January 2013 along with his sibling unless there is a compelling reason to do so immediately.
any specific reason why to wait till Jan 2013? Unless your new born child got UK visa, there will be a problem if you go out of the country and return.

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Are you suggesting my son's current UK visa till 2014 is now void when I got ILR?

No specific reason to wait till 2013 - except I wanted to do it with rest of family going for AN1 and MN1 in 2013 - just easier for me rather than constantly applying for visas?!!!!

meet2tripathi
Newly Registered

Post by meet2tripathi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:00 pm

SpokenHands wrote:Are you suggesting my son's current UK visa till 2014 is now void when I got ILR?
i am not sure abt it, need some expert opinion here.
SpokenHands wrote: No specific reason to wait till 2013 - except I wanted to do it with rest of family going for AN1 and MN1 in 2013 - just easier for me rather than constantly applying for visas?!!!!
if i were you, i would go for registering my child using MN1 and would not wait further... well, it's my opinion only.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

you were already given advice on this subject here