ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengan visa for UK spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vimalkm
Newly Registered

Schengan visa for UK spouse

Post by vimalkm » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an Indian Citizen,currently in the UK with an Indefinite leave to remain.My passport had 10 years validity. I have lived and worked in the UK for 10 years and have never visited or applied for schengan visa.I live in Scotland.

I am married to a British citizen for over 2 years now and we would like to go to Paris for our holiday. There are few things i want to clarify

1. Do I need to book my flights and show travel arrangements?
2. Do I need to show financial statements while applying for the visa and do i have to get health insurance?
3.Can I apply by post? or do i have to go for interview. I don't mind going for the interview if that's quicker.
4.We do not have any specific date for our travel can i still go ahead and apply for a visa?
5.What are the documents needed?
Passports of wife and me
Marriage certificate
Bank statements(i can show if needed)
Payslips and letter from employer
Marriage Certificate.

any other documents?

Please advice.

Thank You,
Vimal

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Please have a read of the application form, and appreciate that as the spouse of an EU Citizen, you do not need to answer the starred questions, nor supply information relevant to those questions.

I think evidence is limited to a photo to be attached to the application form, your passport, into which we hope the Schengen visa will be placed, your spouse's passport, and your marriage certificate.

Also have a read of this webpage.
John

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:07 pm

Hello, please see the embassy link, which tells you their requirements.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Visa-for-f ... n-European

vimalkm
Newly Registered

Post by vimalkm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Thanks folks. appreciate the links.

One question can i apply for a visa now? the date of our travelling is not very clear but it says intended date right? so say if i say like 4th of April(even though we dont know when we are travelling will that work?)

Just that its still unclear when my wife can get her holidays but i want the visa sorted so we can just get into a plane and go .

Also how do i show proof of travel? i mean i am not going to book flights without visa. Shall i just show a ticket confirmation that has been BLOCKED rather than booked?

Do they always give a 3 months visa for short stay?

Thanks guys sorry for beign a pest any help is appreciated!

Vimal

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Also how do i show proof of travel? i mean i am not going to book flights without visa. Shall i just show a ticket confirmation that has been BLOCKED rather than booked?
Have you read the application form, and the starred questions?
One question can i apply for a visa now? the date of our travelling is not very clear but it says intended date right? so say if i say like 4th of April(even though we dont know when we are travelling will that work?)

----------------------

Do they always give a 3 months visa for short stay?
For spouses of an EU citizen, the first Schengen visa tends to be for 6 months duration, and subsequent visas for 12 months.

However any trip to Schengen-land is limited to 3 months maximum. So although the visa might be say 6 months, that does not permit one continuous trip for anything like 6 months.
John

vimalkm
Newly Registered

Post by vimalkm » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks John. So i can apply for it even now even though i dont know my proposed travel date.

Thanks again.
Vimal

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Sorry I had thought that questions 29 and 30 were starred.

Especially if tickets etc have not yet been booked yet, and that is reasonable ahead of the visa being in the passport, for Q29 I would enter something like "Early April 2012, to be booked after visa granted.", and for Q30 say "About 2 weeks after entry." .... or as appropriate.

Q31 is starred, so no need to give details of where you will be staying.
John