ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise Needed.....Ltd Co. Director applied for ILR recently?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skilachi

Advise Needed.....Ltd Co. Director applied for ILR recently?

Post by skilachi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Hello,

Is there any Ltd Co. Director or Contractor running his/her Ltd Co. out there recently applied for ILR?

I'm due to apply for ILR and just wanted to clarify some questions. My situation

- 100% Share holder/Director of Ltd Co.
- Accountants handling Tax/HMRC issues
- Salary + Dividends as source of Income from Ltd Co.

Due for ILR later this month and need to clarify the docs I need to send along with application so if you've successfully and recently applied for ILR at Croydon, please state all the docs you sent (same day). I'm thinking of using a Solicitor but thinking its best if I go in myself incase case worker needs to answer questions as this type of applications (Ltd Co/Direector/ self employed) are not as straight forward since CW will want evidence that Ltd Co. is paying Tax and registered etc.

neoms21
Newly Registered

Post by neoms21 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi skilachi,

I just applied for ILR at Croydon and I've exact situation as yours.

Documents which I carried were

1. Salary slips of last 12 months (minimum salary)
2. Dividend vouchers (They do check all the dividend vouchers)
3. All the P-60 of my previous tax years (CW did check all the P-60s, I had taken the official letters from HMRC)
4. Accountant registration certificate (He called up my accountant to verify that I've a limited company and working through that)

I didn't have any issues and was granted ILR on the same day.
let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers
neoms21

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:40 pm

How did you get the accountant registration certificate?

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Neoms21,

Congrats on your ILR......

Thanks so much for getting back. I intended taking all the above docs along with ltd co and personal bank statements to show exact monthly salary match being paid from ltd co to personal account as well with letter from accountant stating i'm director of ltd co. and he will lists all income dividends, salary in gross and net figures and also all invoices from agency to ltd co. for the past 12 months.

Called up HMRC today to ask for the employment history from 2006 till date although I believe still got all my P60 but will have to check with my Solicitor as he did my FLR with Tier 1 years back.

Also, did you use ur Ltd. Co. profits (bank statement) as source of income or atleast proof that company has profits and you can claim 100% profits since you are paying urself minimum salary?

Did you know if the Biometric process which will come into effect 29th feb will affect those applying for ILR after that date, which means you will need to book a different appointment before applying for ILR?

Also did you use the apply prior to 28days rules? My initial HSMP was issued 21st March 2007 and got Entry Clearance (EC) on 31st March 2007, Tier 1 FLR was 21st March 2009 till 21st March 2012. What date do I need to apply in earliest......28days counting from date leave is about to expire (21st March) or date i got EC (31st March).....trying to avoid the biometric process coming into effect 29th feb.

I've sent you a private message as well.

Thanks

neoms21
Newly Registered

Post by neoms21 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:56 pm

Replied to your pm.