ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application: two WPs + Tier1 (General), with Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnyk465
Newly Registered

ILR application: two WPs + Tier1 (General), with Dependent

Post by sunnyk465 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:46 am

Dear members,

I would really appreciate if you can help me by providing your expert advice.
I will be applying for ILR on 27th February 2012 at Croydon PEO.

My first Work Permit was issued on 10th March 2007 with employer A.
I left this employer A in December 2007 (5th December 2007 last working day).
My Work permit for employer B was granted on 10th January 2008 and visa stamped on 14th January 2008. So I started working for employer B on 15th January 2008 onwards.

This work permit with employer B was for 5 years.
However I got Tier1 (General) approved and stamped in Oct. 2009 which is valid till Oct. 2012.

In August 2011, I have joined employer C.

My wife has been living with me since August 2009 (after marriage).

So I have spent 2 years and 7 months on two Work Permits (different employers) and spent 2 years 4 months on Tier 1 (General).

Can you please help me with below questions?

1. As I was not working for one month 6th December 2007 to 14th January 2008, would this be ok? I think it is 60 days that you are allowed to get work permit transferred. Also work permit application has been with home office since 15th December 2007. It was delayed due to xmas holidays.
2. Even though my last working day with employer A was 5th December 2007, I had 16 paid holidays (after 5th December 2007) and it shows in my payslip. Could I say that I was with employer A till 29th December 2007 (adding 16 holidays)
3. In the application form SET(O), Under Section 3, where it is asked Which Category?
Should I select Section A --Tier 1 (General) migrant as my current visa is Tier1 General?
Also should I need to select Section B Work Permit Holder as I have been on work permit for 2 years 7 months (March 2007 to Oct. 2009)?
4. Section 6, Question 6.3
When did you last enter the UK?
Should I enter 10th March 2007 (date of my first work permit visa Stamp). Although I have been on student visa before March 2007 and first time entered UK in March 2003.
5. Section 10 Documents:- 10L: Tier 1 (General) migrant if you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on 5 years’ continuous stay in UK made up of leave as Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 10A, you must provide the following documents
Evidence specified in section 9A of this form.
For period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, document showing that you met the relevant requirements of immigration rules.

What documents do I need to submit for the period I was on work permit (March 2007 to Oct 2009) that I meet the relevant requirements of immigration rules?

I have below documents available for my ILR application + 1 dependent
1 SET (O) form
Passport size photographs
Passports
Pay slips for last 5 years
P-60 for last 4 years, 5th year is due in April 2012.
Bank Statements for last 5 yrs showing the exact salary paid in account.
Letter from employer B showing the period I worked for him.
Letter from employer C (current employer) showing that I am working for them and stating annual pay.
Proof of accommodation

Proof of Cohabitation
Council tax letter for last 3 years, addressed to both of us.
Joint bank account statement since Oct.2010
Phone bill on my name for last 3 months
Water bill on my name for last 3 years
My wife’s individual bank account statement for last 2.5 years.

I cannot obtain a letter from employer A as I don’t have any relation with that employer. Is this going to be a problem?

Please advise if I have missed any document?

Apologies for such a long message. I would highly appreciate if you can answers all the questions asked.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Sunny

sunnyk465
Newly Registered

Please Advice on ILR based on 2 WPs and Tier1 General

Post by sunnyk465 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Can some experienced members provide their feedback please.

Thanks
Sunny

ghs007
Newly Registered

ILR queries

Post by ghs007 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 pm

hi Sunny,

I am providing some answers but please bear in mind these are just my personal thoughts after reading/following post on this forum.

3. Yes please select Tier 1 general
4. I understand it should be the latest/recent date when you came to UK.
5. Documents for period you were on work permit will be like - pay slips, P60/P45, employer reference letter, bank statements (showing your were getting regular pay)

I believe documents you are taking along should be fine, did you mention LIFE in UK certificate? if not please remember to take this along.

Hope this helps... but please wait for confirmation from senior member of forum. Good luck.