ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP...NEED ADVICE

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farrana123
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP...NEED ADVICE

Post by farrana123 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:07 pm

Hi,

My husband arrived in the UK from Pakistan on a Spouse Visa on January 2010, we married here in the UK in March 2011. Since then, we have now separated as he told me he only married me to enter the UK. We no longer live together. He is staying with my family coz i cannot bear to have him in the house. I am looking start divorce proceedings in March 2012 as it will be a year since we married. I have notified the UKBA that we are no longer living together and told them why and where he is living but they havent contacted me at all to ask me anything or find out any information. I just want my husband to go back to the country he came from coz as far as i am concerned he married me under false pretences and he doesnt deserve to be here. His Visa will expiry January 2013. I have told him that he needs to leave the country because his visa is no longer valid but he says no one can make me do anything.

Please give me some advice as to what i can do to get him removed from the UK and if i even will be able to get a divorce in the UK because none of the options apply to me when getting a divorce.

derlin

Re: PLEASE HELP...NEED ADVICE

Post by derlin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:30 pm

farrana123 wrote:Hi,

My husband arrived in the UK from Pakistan on a Spouse Visa on January 2010, we married here in the UK in March 2011. Since then, we have now separated as he told me he only married me to enter the UK. We no longer live together. He is staying with my family coz i cannot bear to have him in the house. I am looking start divorce proceedings in March 2012 as it will be a year since we married. I have notified the UKBA that we are no longer living together and told them why and where he is living but they havent contacted me at all to ask me anything or find out any information. I just want my husband to go back to the country he came from coz as far as i am concerned he married me under false pretences and he doesnt deserve to be here. His Visa will expiry January 2013. I have told him that he needs to leave the country because his visa is no longer valid but he says no one can make me do anything.

Please give me some advice as to what i can do to get him removed from the UK and if i even will be able to get a divorce in the UK because none of the options apply to me when getting a divorce.
farrana123 wrote:He is staying with my family coz i cannot bear to have him in the house.
Having him living with your family may suggest, your family does accommodate his behaviour or whatever is the reason behind the breakdown of your marriage.
farrana123 wrote:I have notified the UKBA that we are no longer living together and told them why and where he is living but they haven't contacted me at all to ask me anything or find out any information
UKBA will contact you at some point in the weeks or months ahead. I bet you, they will.
farrana123 wrote:Please give me some advice as to what i can do to get him removed from the UK
You cannot do more than what you have already done. The powers of deporting him rests with the UKBA. Besides, his human rights have to be respected as well.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 am

It is not within you power to determines who stays or get removed from the UK.

Your role is to reports the break down. The rest is up to the authority.

As much as i sympathise with your circumstance, i dont believe revenge will solve the pain and betrayal you are feeling now.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: PLEASE HELP...NEED ADVICE

Post by mochyn » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:03 am

farrana123 wrote:Hi,

I don't follow your timeline
Spousal visa issued in Jan 2010
Married in UK 2011
VISA expires 2013

If he has a spousal visa issued in 2011 and it expires 2013 and he needs to apply for ILR, he needs your support to say relationship is continuing but as Obie says as soon as you report the breakdown in the relationship it is then out of your hands and the rest is up to the UKBA.