ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa again...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

exjennyaddict
Newly Registered

fiance visa again...

Post by exjennyaddict » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:51 pm

I posted a number of times about finances and got lots of wonderful help from you people and now I have a couple of other questions which I hope you can help me with.
1, Where can I get a copy of the guidance notes to go with the fiance visa application form as this might answer a lot of my questions?
2, Am about to send over a bunch of info to my fiance in japan. What EXACTLY do i need to send, and does it have to be original documents (birth certificate, passport etc)? Surely not.
3, I'm not sure whether we have to book a date to get married on before we apply for the fiance visa or if we have to wait a week after she arrives before we're allowed to book a date.
4, I understand that it's useful to write a letter saying "we're madly in love, she'll be living in my flat. We have enough money to avoid using public funds. She'll be looking for a job. Etc." Is there anywhere I can get guidance on what to put in it? To whom it should be addressed? All that jazz.
5, How long (roughly) after submitting the form will she be given an interview?
6, How long after the interview will she get the visa (assuming sh'es not refused)?
7, for the interview she needs to take, passport, birth cert, bank statements, all my info and docs, my letter, photos of us together, anything else?

Long post and lots of questions I know. Sorry guys. As I say, I think there's a guidance PDF file somewhere but I can't find it and i'm fairly sure it would answer all my questions. If you can point me towards that I'd be very grateful, oterhwise any thought, hints or tips would be wonderful.

Cheers so much. This really is a fantastic resource for people struggling with this crazy system.

richard

exjennyaddict
Newly Registered

Post by exjennyaddict » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:43 pm

To clarify, when I say 'original documents' in 2 what i mean is originials as opposed to photocopies.

thanks again for any replies

richard

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:20 am

Richard,

1) To apply for a visa you will need to fill in form VAF2 - Settlement.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/Files/kfile/vaf2_nov_2005,0.pdf

2) The link below contains the explanation of the process and documentation requirements, from the British Embassy in Tokyo... very well explained.

http://www.uknow.or.jp/be_e/visa/visas/visas_fiance.htm

3) To launch an application on-line, if appropriate, visit

http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Hope this helps respond to items 1,2,3,4 and 7 from your list.

Items 5 and 6, I will let others chip in!

Rogerio

exjennyaddict
Newly Registered

Post by exjennyaddict » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:06 am

Rogerio, you're a star. That's VERY helpful. Thanks a lot.

Rogerio

Post by Rogerio » Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:55 pm

Glad I was of help. Keep us posted on your success!

R