ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP EXTENDED- MISPRINTED DATE OF BIRTH-PLZZZZ HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanish140401
Newly Registered

HSMP EXTENDED- MISPRINTED DATE OF BIRTH-PLZZZZ HELP

Post by hanish140401 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:54 am

HELLO EVERYBODY

My HSMP VISA HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOR FURTHER FOUR YEARS. THERE HAS BEEN A PROBLEM, I RECIEVED MINE AND MY WIFE'S PASSPORT YESTERDAY. ON RESIDENCE PERMIT MY WIFE'S DATE OF BIRTH IS WRONG. THE YEAR IS WRONG INSTEAD OF 1979, THEY PRINTED 1976. IT WAS DUE TO THE REASON THAT HER DATE OF BIRTH WAS MISPRITED BY PASSPORT OFFICE IN INDIA AND LATER RECTIFIED AS 1979. HOME OFFICE DIDNT SEE THE RECTIFICATION.

SHOULD I REPORT THEM REGARDING THAT AND WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT.

PLZ HELP ME AS I HAVE TO TRAVEL URGENTLY AND THIS MAY CREATE A PROBLEM

THANKING YOU
HANISH

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:41 am

In my Indian passport my Surname was printed with spelling mistake, also surname & first name were swapped.

In Second page they rectified it ..

But whenever I apply for Visa in UK (like workpermit & its extension) with correct name filled in form, they will print mostly the name which is there in first page of Indian passport. They wont bother to see remaining pages.

I dont see this as a problem, since it is basically their mistake and not our mistake....

Even in my initial workpermit they printed my name with spelling mistake, but when I applied for Visa with that wp I got corrected name in entry clearance without any problem

In workpermit extention they have printed correct name in workpermit But this time Visa office made mistake in spelling..in Visa extension page :lol:

and I never tried to correct it and I dont think it will affect your future application since it is basically their mistake

But mistake in DOB I dont know how serious it is, But mistake in spellings in our name may not cause big problem, since basically it is stamped in your passport and your passport hold the rectified name & DOB anyway