ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

[ New Immigration Rules - English Test Question ]

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t-bag

[ New Immigration Rules - English Test Question ]

Post by t-bag » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Hello Guys,

I need some advice as I'm really confused big time. I got my work permit back in 2007. Wife successfully joined me in 2008.

We're about to take our Life in the UK test next week. Now i just read on the UK Immigration site, that there's a new law starting feb 6th that will require ALL applicants to take an English test. (http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-02- ... icants.htm)

My question is : which english test shall we take ? Do we still need to take the Life in the UK test as well??

My other question is : How soon do we have to take the test? As soon as possible?

I will be applying for permanent residency and wife will be applying too as a spouse.

Thanks a lot for answering

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: [ New Immigration Rules - English Test Question ]

Post by david1955 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:03 pm

t-bag wrote:Hello Guys,

I need some advice as I'm really confused big time. I got my work permit back in 2007. Wife successfully joined me in 2008.

We're about to take our Life in the UK test next week. Now i just read on the UK Immigration site, that there's a new law starting feb 6th that will require ALL applicants to take an English test. (http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-02- ... icants.htm)

My question is : which english test shall we take ? Do we still need to take the Life in the UK test as well??

My other question is : How soon do we have to take the test? As soon as possible?

I will be applying for permanent residency and wife will be applying too as a spouse.

this doesnt applies to you.. it only applies for those people who are required to prove their english skills when they first make the application . you have already proved that requirement in 2007 so doesnt applies to you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

Please tell us where it says that

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:03 am

Please tell us where it says that all applicants need to take and English language test and where it says that there is a new immigration rule in this article. It doesn't.

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi again,

Thanks both for your replies. I saw it here : http://www.workpermit.com/news/2012-02- ... icants.htm

"Beginning 6 April 2012 the UK Border Agency (UKBA) will require all applicants applying to remain in the UK under Tier 1 (General), Tier 1(Entrepreneur) and Tier 2 of the UK points-based system to have a completed language test prior to applying for a visa."

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:41 pm

the information in that article is misleading. Best to read the news item on the UKBA website were the 'change' is explained clearly. Also read this thread

bvinay
Newly Registered

Post by bvinay » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:50 am

@t-bag Mate never read any rules other than UKBA website. UKBA website is an official website just stick to it. Other websites displaying UK Immigration rules are often misleading.....