ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New change in English test requirement from 6th April 2012

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

double_trouble
Newly Registered

New change in English test requirement from 6th April 2012

Post by double_trouble » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 pm

hi there,
Does anyone know exact nature of this change? i & my wife got Master's degree from Scottish university then would it affect my extension application? or I have to give English exam?
sorry the link on ukba web-site doesn't say a lot about the change in rule. so i would appreciate any comments or suggestion.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:35 pm

there are numerous threads about this already. the news article on the UKBA website explains it clearly.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -2-5-1-elr

See here

The only change is to remove a concession to allow those who are required to submit take an English language test (i.e. who don't have a degree taught in English or otherwise meet the English language requirement) to submit their application before taking the test or recieving the results.

It does not mean that someone who has already satisified the English language requirements in a previous application, or someone who does not need to take the test because they have a UK degree for example, now needs to take the test. It also does not mean that those applying in categories where evidence of English language ability is not required (for example, those applying for leave to remain as a PBS dependent) are now required to take a test.

The only change in the law is to remove the concession to allow those who do need to take a test, to apply before the test is taken, or before the results are known.

Mods, is there anyway we can add this thread as a sticky?