ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:58 pm

how often do they do those ceremonies...

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Family Income Supplement and naturalization

Post by sunilappat » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Person getting FIS who is in full time employment, will he be rejected Naturalization? please reply..

adlexy

Re: Family Income Supplement and naturalization

Post by adlexy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 pm

sunilappat wrote:Person getting FIS who is in full time employment, will he be rejected Naturalization? please reply..
I assume that is a "legitimate" support and should have no effect. The INIS website only warned about persons found to be "undue burden" on the state!

All the best

tj_Dublin
Newly Registered

Re: Family Income Supplement and naturalization

Post by tj_Dublin » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:21 am

adlexy wrote:
sunilappat wrote:Person getting FIS who is in full time employment, will he be rejected Naturalization? please reply..
I assume that is a "legitimate" support and should have no effect. The INIS website only warned about persons found to be "undue burden" on the state!

All the best
I totally agree with you, one of my friend was approve last year and he's getting FIS. we both work for the same company but he's own wife is noting working and his wages is below his house hold budget. So i dnt think they can use this against anybody.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:25 am

is anyone ring citizenship divsion today.i try to call them atleast 30-40 times but never get through them.if anyone else talking to them can you please update in this form.good luck

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 am

[quote="IQU"]is anyone ring citizenship divsion today.i try to call them atleast 30-40 times but never get through them.if anyone else talking to them can you please update in this form.good luck[/quote

IOU
was with them this mornning . i was told my app is still with garda. ( IQU check ur private message)
kaybedab

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:03 pm

no pm there.so still ur application is waiting for garda report ?

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 pm

IQU wrote:no pm there.so still ur application is waiting for garda report ?

yes my app is still with the garda
kaybedab

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi there, would you please explain the meaning of Garda Report? Is it internal or external report? I mean is this report from your original country!!
Thanks indeed
kaybe wrote:

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

blue bird wrote:Hi there, would you please explain the meaning of Garda Report? Is it internal or external report? I mean is this report from your original country!!
Thanks indeed
kaybe wrote:

[/quote

i think it is a vetting from garda here in ireland
kaybedab

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:11 pm

garda report is from ireland.i hope they will issue more approval within next 2weeks.because from last 3weeks there was no approvals issue.is anyone else talking to citizenship divsion today ???

caramel01
Newly Registered

Post by caramel01 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:34 pm

IQU wrote:garda report is from ireland.i hope they will issue more approval within next 2weeks.because from last 3weeks there was no approvals issue.is anyone else talking to citizenship divsion today ???
I applied in June 2009 and have been hounding them for the last few months to get progress updates. In August they said they'd sent for a garda clearance cert yet when I called back in October nothing had come back from the gards and they had to re-request it, so more delay.

Called them in November and was told it was in the final stages what a lie, I'm still waiting! Called in january and after being told I'd geta call back as the lady didn't know why it had taken so long I didn't get one. Called 2 weeks ago and was told they were in need of extra documentation and would write to me , I got nothing. Called today and was initially given the same answe I got in November and only after insisting that this wasn't sufficient was I told I'd get a call back. I did get a call this time and was told the letter would be in the post today.

I'm very annoyed with their process as I've been in Ireland working since 2003 , paying taxes and never claimed welfare .. really irritating that they don't action applications in a fair way

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm

caramel01 --> I am happy that you have got the approval finally (hopefully). As i have mentioned before, tax payers applications are not get processed with the same speed as other categories. I don't understand the reason for the same. Maybe the state thinks once tax payers become citizens they might leave to some other EU state ?? not sure .. just a guess

I am a 2011 applicant and i am really not sure when to expect the result. I have written to them and am yet to get a reply.

thanks
*$

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:26 pm

caramel01 wrote:
IQU wrote:garda report is from ireland.i hope they will issue more approval within next 2weeks.because from last 3weeks there was no approvals issue.is anyone else talking to citizenship divsion today ???
I applied in June 2009 and have been hounding them for the last few months to get progress updates. In August they said they'd sent for a garda clearance cert yet when I called back in October nothing had come back from the gards and they had to re-request it, so more delay.

Called them in November and was told it was in the final stages what a lie, I'm still waiting! Called in january and after being told I'd geta call back as the lady didn't know why it had taken so long I didn't get one. Called 2 weeks ago and was told they were in need of extra documentation and would write to me , I got nothing. Called today and was initially given the same answe I got in November and only after insisting that this wasn't sufficient was I told I'd get a call back. I did get a call this time and was told the letter would be in the post today.

I'm very annoyed with their process as I've been in Ireland working since 2003 , paying taxes and never claimed welfare .. really irritating that they don't action applications in a fair way
I think you deserve to be very annoyed - yours is an annoying scenario!
June 2009 is a very long time ago. That is almost 3years in a few months :(

Hopefully the letter in the post will be your approval and not some nonsense that you should bring more document - what a silly system. The same drama being played out by INIS is what the home office delivers in 3-4weeks!

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm

starbuck wrote:caramel01 --> I am happy that you have got the approval finally (hopefully). As i have mentioned before, tax payers applications are not get processed with the same speed as other categories. I don't understand the reason for the same. Maybe the state thinks once tax payers become citizens they might leave to some other EU state ?? not sure .. just a guess

I am a 2011 applicant and i am really not sure when to expect the result. I have written to them and am yet to get a reply.

thanks
*$
starbuck,
everyone should be treated the same , either u pay tax or not(those who dont pay tax might be out work) i pay tax myself. u applied in 2011 and loads of 2010 still waiting.
kaybedab

Naija

Post by Naija » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:22 pm

[quote="kaybe"][quote="IQU"]no pm there.so still ur application is waiting for garda report ?[/quote].

yes my app is still with the garda[/quote]

Hi.
I just wanted to ask you whether that is one of the first times they told you your application is being checked by guards or for how long have they been giving you that answer?I ask because i applied at the same time as you.I know nothing is in order with INIS anymore,but still,it sort of gives me hope that if you are december '10,we might be getting closer to getting our stuff.Good luck.:)

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:01 am

kaybe wrote:
starbuck,
everyone should be treated the same , either u pay tax or not(those who dont pay tax might be out work) i pay tax myself. u applied in 2011 and loads of 2010 still waiting.
I am not asking for preferential treatment for the tax payers. But please understand that they are the most essential part of the financial system. Frustrating them by delaying the citizenship is not good. Again its not for a preferential treatment but a transparent way to do things.

None of the immigrant tax payers dare approach for welfare with the fear of loosing out. But u do not see that for other categories ? Do u think its fair ?

again, i am not arguing but i am frustrated my self. All i can do is wait!!

caramel01
Newly Registered

Post by caramel01 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:27 am

starbuck wrote:
kaybe wrote:
starbuck,
I am not asking for preferential treatment for the tax payers. But please understand that they are the most essential part of the financial system. Frustrating them by delaying the citizenship is not good. Again its not for a preferential treatment but a transparent way to do things.

None of the immigrant tax payers dare approach for welfare with the fear of loosing out. But u do not see that for other categories ? Do u think its fair ?

again, i am not arguing but i am frustrated my self. All i can do is wait!!
I totally agree and thanks for validating my frustration! I've no issue with the fact that some people don't pay tax and I don't want preferential treatment either however, I'd expect them to recognise that without tax this country doesn't work, no country does.

When half your salary goes to the gvt, the least I can expect is to have the application processed in chronological order and not see that people who applied a year after I did and do not help the country have had their applications approved earlier.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 am

caramel 01. did you recieve your letter today ????????????????

caramel01
Newly Registered

Post by caramel01 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:15 pm

IQU wrote:caramel 01. did you recieve your letter today ????????????????
I did and they are asking for more documents! GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:38 pm

caramel01 wrote:
caramel,
what documents are they asking for again?( frustrating)
kaybedab

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:51 pm

so once you send them all the documents.you will recieve decsion soon.because your already waiting long time. so dont delay send them all the document what they mention.can you please share with us what type of documents are they looking for ? maybe you will be lucky to get approval with next batch.........................good luck

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:58 pm

hello starbuck could you please tell what month u have applied in 2011 i applied myself in 2011 feb.rang to inis after every 3 months still processing my file.last time i been told that they have received some reports from agencies and some of them they are still waiting for.i thinks i will probably get answer not before winter 2012 if i shell be soo lucky.too many applications huge backlog.waiting for a miracle to pass through this tough waiting time.finger crossed.
starbuck wrote:caramel01 --> I am happy that you have got the approval finally (hopefully). As i have mentioned before, tax payers applications are not get processed with the same speed as other categories. I don't understand the reason for the same. Maybe the state thinks once tax payers become citizens they might leave to some other EU state ?? not sure .. just a guess

thanks
*$

starbuck

Post by starbuck » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:05 pm

samchoopra --> i am an aug-2011 applicant and i am on 5 year residency stuff. I believe i am the last in the list to be 'irish' as other categories easily precede me!!

caramel01
Newly Registered

Post by caramel01 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:36 pm

kaybe wrote:
caramel01 wrote:
caramel,
what documents are they asking for again?( frustrating)
They now want:

1. Your employment history for the last 3 years
2. if you have an irish born child (please forward birth certificates to support this) and if so how are they maintained