ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:30 am

XnailaX wrote:ther u go syma sis..email to them...

isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Thank u..there isnt a uk one coz gerryz will give a standard reply 'o its underprocess at BHC'
visa-grante:25.10.12

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:33 am

yeh summat like that...but sis evry1's applicaiton is different.sum take longer and stil get visa yehh..so dnt feel down if u hant heard owt..it wil happen quick and u wil unite wiv ur darling sooon xx lol..

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:36 am

hubby submitted application today!! :D
make dua for us
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:38 am

when i track my application it says VAF printing completed today what does that mean?
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 am

@Syma Hi sis dont worry u shud get a reply by the end of this week mondays r usually quiet plus the bhc were on holiday yesterday coz of eid milad ul nabi. I dont know if thier gone back to work 2day or they will b going back 2morrow.
Keysor_soze have u heard anything yet.
Mirpur number starts wid QML it shud b at the bottom of the receipt
Application submitted and forwad to ISB OC - 05/01/12
Refused 25/04/12
Appeal lodged 08/05/12

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 am

I emailed the Principal yesterday of SLS College in Jhelum and Alhamdulillah he emailed me back, I thought I wouldnt get no reply.

He sais that my husbands certificate and 3 papers will be posted within 2-3 days

Keyser_Soze
Newly Registered

Post by Keyser_Soze » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:18 pm

aaaaaa123 wrote:@Syma Hi sis dont worry u shud get a reply by the end of this week mondays r usually quiet plus the bhc were on holiday yesterday coz of eid milad ul nabi. I dont know if thier gone back to work 2day or they will b going back 2morrow.
Keysor_soze have u heard anything yet.
Mirpur number starts wid QML it shud b at the bottom of the receipt
Not heard anything yet......still waiting

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:51 pm

XnailaX wrote:ok sis ^^...up 2 u...xxxx
Im so angry and upset now just want to cry :cry:

I went to print off the corrected cover letter at the library, it took a bloody hour to get it printed because of sone format setting then I took it to the post office to send it and just for 1 letter which weights zilch they charged me £7.82 and I didnt even have that much money plus left my debit cards at home, but come on isnt that a ridicoulour price to pay?

Well I rang hubby and told him to just correct it, just cross it and write the correct DOB.

Ya Allah, this is all a headache, I just my hubby was here with me, when I really need him he's sooo far away :(

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:09 pm

my pyaari sis nazia..ur hubbys worth every pain whether it b good, bad, khushi, gham, love, hate,...u still love each other and u watch...ur love will grow more and more when u r together..!!

hope thats made u see sense..lol

yeh it is alot ther wer asking for..but its cos ur sending it to pakistan i thnk they charged u more

General30

Post by General30 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

JF wrote:
GENERAL30:-

Yes I think its just a reference number for gerrys that it's different on every package you send them god knows why but it just confuses people

Yes I can also confirm there different...rest assured General30 inshAllah everything is going to be okay...[/quote]

Thanks alot JF can I ask u wen u submitted your passport
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 pm

XnailaX wrote:my pyaari sis nazia..ur hubbys worth every pain whether it b good, bad, khushi, gham, love, hate,...u still love each other and u watch...ur love will grow more and more when u r together..!!

yeh it is alot ther wer asking for..but its cos ur sending it to pakistan i thnk they charged u more
Last time I sent a few letters and cards and weighted much more than the one paper I had now and they only charged me £3 lol

Anyways more bad news...

My husbands name has come up on the SLS College Jhelum website BUT... he is the ONLY one who is still awaiting his results while EVERYONE else have got it, they said there is some sort of problem and my husband has a load of tension, hes so upset thinking why am I the only one whose results hasnt come back and what could be the problem.

Please niote that they have a 100% pass rate, the 18th time they have done these A1 exams and so far no-one has failed.

I think because I e-mailed the principal he updated the results but what a shame my hubby name is there but no results.

Please do du'aa that everything will be okay and he gets his results insha'Allah

General30

Spousal visa application

Post by General30 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi can everyone who hasn't updated there signature columns please update there info so we can get an idea from the dates
Thankyou
Refused on 23/09/2011
Appealed on 06/10/2011
Acknowledgement received 14/10/2011
Date given 22/02/2012
Call in letter recieved 24/01/2012
Passport submitted 01/02/2012
Passport returned 05/03/2012
Visa issued alhamdulilah
Wife in UK 22/03/2012

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:47 pm

submitted today and cnt stop checking where its upto!!
pray for me plzzz
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:00 pm

*Nazia wrote:
XnailaX wrote:my pyaari sis nazia..ur hubbys worth every pain whether it b good, bad, khushi, gham, love, hate,...u still love each other and u watch...ur love will grow more and more when u r together..!!

Last time I sent a few letters and cards and weighted much more than the one paper I had now and they only charged me £3 lol

Anyways more bad news...

My husbands name has come up on the SLS College Jhelum website BUT... he is the ONLY one who is still awaiting his results while EVERYONE else have got it, they said there is some sort of problem and my husband has a load of tension, hes so upset thinking why am I the only one whose results hasnt come back and what could be the problem.

Please niote that they have a 100% pass rate, the 18th time they have done these A1 exams and so far no-one has failed.

I think because I e-mailed the principal he updated the results but what a shame my hubby name is there but no results.

Please do du'aa that everything will be okay and he gets his results insha'Allah
Please don't stress sis, Insha'Allah your hubby will have passed so please don't worry. My duas are with you guys :D

Also please check my previous post Nazia sis.
Allah is the greatest!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:07 pm

shamailaubaid wrote:submitted today and cnt stop checking where its upto!!
pray for me plzzz
Doing this every minute will only make you more stressed sis! Besides you only just submitted, it will not speed up the process in fact it will only add to your stress levels as it does take time to update. You need to allow them time to send off application for processing etc etc and get back. Also the standard time frame is normally 12 weeks/3months. (Well that's what it was when we submitted a few months back)

Thereby, for those of my dear brothers and sisters that are worried or panicking as you have not heard anything.. you have got to take into consideration that if you do contact them within the first 12 weeks of submission.. you will only get a standard reply stating that application is under process and that you should wait until the 12 weeks are up. We had to wait 13 weeks when we applied, I know its really difficult and is a stressful wait but you have to relax. So please be patient and Allah will help. I make dua that Allah makes this wait easy for you and that visas are granted to all those waiting! :D
Last edited by Exquisit33 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allah is the greatest!

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Exquisit33 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

Anyways more bad news...

Please don't stress sis, Insha'Allah your hubby will have passed so please don't worry. My duas are with you guys :D

Also please check my previous post Nazia sis.
Thanks sis, I am the one telling him to not stress over it but he cant help but wonder what has happened now. All the responsbility lies on him, he is the only one who works and toil so hard to make ends meet, to make sure he has money to pay the bills, food, the basic neccessity and back home it was VERY hard to earn a decent wage but Alhamdulillah he is doing his best but everyday a new problem always crops up and I feel so bad because I cant be there to help him.

With us both its like this, we NEVER get anything easily, what we want the most it is not reachable and what we dont want we get, but we both know its Allah swt testing us and we just have to have sbar

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Can anyone give me some quick info on the TB test in pakistan

1) is it booked through gerrys? ie for Karachi

2) how long from booking an appoint to receiving the certificate?

appreciate the help

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:29 pm

ameen xxxxx

i too make dua that we are al united soooooooooooooooooon cos the seperation is killing us!!!..big tym!!!..

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:53 pm

*Nazia wrote:

Anyways more bad news...

Which examining board has your husband taken for the A1?

My wife has done the TOEIC, she should be getting her results from 11th-13th!

They usually get the results when another test takes place, should arrive on the 11th im hoping.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

*Nazia
BANNED

Post by *Nazia » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 pm

shade00 wrote:
*Nazia wrote:

Anyways more bad news...

Which examining board has your husband taken for the A1?

My wife has done the TOEIC, she should be getting her results from 11th-13th!

They usually get the results when another test takes place, should arrive on the 11th im hoping.
I dont know what examination board to be honest. His results should have been out just like every other person who did the exam on the same day, they have got their results and oit off all them people only my husband ending up listed as waiting in both listening and speaking while another guy got his listening result and not speaking, and the rest all got their overall results.

How is that possible? I mean there is no way my hubby will want to do it again because there was no fault on his part

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:07 pm

In my wifes college the previous test results were delayed aswel. The results for the test taken on the 15th January.

I think all results from that period should arrive on the 11th on this month.

Im praying my wife passes aswel. My paperwork is ready just waiting for her to pass the test. Im confident she will.

Sis im sure you husband will pass. Stay strong!
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:53 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:Can anyone give me some quick info on the TB test in pakistan

1) is it booked through gerrys? ie for Karachi

2) how long from booking an appoint to receiving the certificate?

appreciate the help
check this link out all information is there for tb testing

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

call UAN: +92 51 111 466 472 to book an appointment and they wil send u to the nearest place for testing, hope this helps !!
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 am

i forgot to mention u usually get the tb test certificate after a couple of hours or next day !!
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:52 am

JF

Have you heard anything about passport? Hopefully you will hear something by the end of this week. Let's hope it is today or tomorrow.

Best of luck sis
Allah is the greatest!

blumango

Post by blumango » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:11 am

some good news on the legal side:

07 February 2012

The Upper Tribunal has clarified what the burden of proof is for people trying to show they are married when applying for a spouse visa or EEA family permit. The ruling has clarified that there is no presumption that a marriage is not genuine; for that suspicion to arise there must be some evidence. When applying for an EEA Family Permit people do not need to show letters and photographs to prove their marriage is not one of convenience.

Papajorgi

The Facts

Mrs Papajorgi is an Albanian national, married to a Greek national. The Papajorgis got married in 1996. And they have two children.

In 2010 she wanted to go with her husband on a trip to the UK between August and September. She filled in the required forms – answering 115 questions – and sent in the following documents:

marriage certificate;
passport;
evidence of her husband’s nationality;
evidence he was going on the visit too.
She was refused entry to the UK. The Entry Clearance Officer said:

I consider this to be a marriage of convenience because apart from your Greek marriage certificate and a copy of your husband’s Greek passport you have not provided any documentary evidence of your marriage, such as photographs of your wedding or your life together or agreements in joint names such as a bank account or a tenancy agreement. …I have refused your EEA family permit application on this occasion.
This is despite the fact that it was evident from her application form that she had been married for twelve years, with two children, and the family all lived in the same household. She appealed to the First Tier Tribunal.

The refusal decision was reiterated by the Entry Clearance Officer:

the appellant has still failed to provide evidence to satisfy me that the marriage is not a marriage of convenience.
This is a shocking statement. Why should a border official presume marriages to be “of convenience” in the absence of proof to the contrary? It goes against common sense and natural justice. Long term marriages with children where the couple co-habit are palpably not marriages of convenience. Demanding ocular proof to substantiate that is authoritarian officialism.

It is amazing that the Entry Clearance Officer wrote, “apart from your Greek marriage certificate … you have not provided any documentary evidence of your marriage”.

The Law

The judgement is clear – marriages of convenience are “a form of abuse and fraud”, and the government is permitted under EU law to take action against them. The relevant EU directive says that documents allowing entry should not be issued if there are “factors which support suspicions for believing that the marriage is one of convenience”.

The Upper Tribunal pointed out that this means there is not an automatic suspicion that marriages are not genuine; but once there is grounds for that suspicion it needs to be disproved. It operates much like the presumption of innocence; but this is a presumption that marriages are genuine.

Not every applicant needs to prove that his marriage is not one of convenience. The need to do so only arises where there are factors which support suspicions for believing the marriage is one of convenience.
The ECO’s flawed reasoning

The judge pointed out that the ECO “applied a general policy of requiring applicants to prove that their marriage is not one of convenience, and in this context treats EEA applications in the same way as ordinary immigration applications under the Rules.”

He mistakenly took the case of IS to mean that there was a burden of proof on claimants to show their marriages are not of convenience.
Then Mrs Papajorgi did not show evidence about the quality of her marriages: letters, photos, etc.
That lack of evidence either: does not discharge the burden of proof; or, gives cause for reasonable suspicion.
Of course, this is a non sequitur. Even if we accept his reading of IS, which the judge does not, the assumption that not supplying evidence of something creates a suspicion that it is not genuine is circular: at no point was she asked for the evidence.

It’s rather like the old joke about the presumption of innocence. When, during examination, the suspect says he is innocent the barrister smiles and says, “Ah, but that’s exactly what you’d expect someone who was guilty to say.”

The judge made three points about this:

there is no burden on the claimant in an application for a family permit to establish that she was not party to a marriage of convenience unless the circumstances known to the decision maker give reasonable ground for suspecting that this was the case.
a suspicion cannot arise by the claimant’s failure to produce photographs and the like.
in any event, in this case by answering the questions in the form the claimant had produced the evidence that the marriage was a genuine one and could not be considered to be a marriage of convenience.
The third point is the most interesting. In the First Tier Tribunal it was noted that the marriage had lasted for twelve years, there were children, the couple shared an address and a phone line, and the application was for a visit, not an indefinite stay.

So unimpressed with the ECO’s decision was he that the judge said:

These points are so obvious that we are dismayed that the Entry Clearance Manager approved the flawed decision in this case and that there was an appeal from the First-tier Judge’s decision … In our judgment this case from first to last never had any appearance remotely suggesting that the marriage was one of convenience. The decision was flawed and not in accordance with the law.
Two other cases gave similar judgements at the same time. As the excellent Free Movement blog says, the benefit of the decision is ”restoring some common sense and propriety to the judicial evaluation of other people’s relationships.”

Author | Henry Oliver