ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

gay and overstayed...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jabba
Newly Registered

gay and overstayed...

Post by Jabba » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Hello dear people.... First of all I would like to congrats and says thnx to all people who are willing to help us...
I m from Turkey/Istanbul and arrived this country in Jan/1998 as a student and due to financial problems I couldnt finished my degree and right now I will enrol and get my degree finally. I have a massive problem which is...
I overstayed in this country since 2003 that is the date I explained my sexual preferance to my parents and then all the problems came up one by one, first of all I have lost all my support from my parents they stopped talking to me and I have been left on my own here. Of cource I wont tell all those problems individualy anyway right now I am looking for a solution that if there is any way for me as a gay person to be legal in this country and what am I suppose to do? Any kind of information will be appreciated and I am just fed up living like that.

kind regards

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Unless you can prove that as a gay man returning to your home country will subject you to extreme persecution to the point of violating your human rights, I doubt very much you will have much of a case with the Home Office.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

oscgv
Newly Registered

Post by oscgv » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:26 am

Do you have a partner in uk which you can register a civil partnership with? If so, you would still have to go back to your country of origin and apply for an unmarried partner to register a civil partnership in the uk OR register a civil partnership in your country (if your government does allow same sex couples to register civil partnerships) and then go back to england as a civil partner of a UK citizen