ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension - online biometrics

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahulbsp
Newly Registered

Tier1 extension - online biometrics

Post by rahulbsp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:14 am

Hi,
I am bit confused with biometrics , this is my first extension. I wanted to know if we apply for online biometric first or do we send the tier1 extension postal application first . Current availability for online biometric date is showing as 20 march 2012 , i wanted to know that will i have to send the postal application of tier1 extension before this date of after this date

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 am

For extension applications there are two ways;
1. Using Public Enquiry Office
2. Postal Application Process.

For using public enquiry office, you book an appointment and then appear with all your documents and they will take your biometrics there and then. So you don't need a separate appointment.

Once you are using the postal service, you will send your application to the relevant address. The home office will deduct the payment, send you a confirmation OR receipt of application. Then you wait for the letter from home office containing your code to be used to register your biometric either at Post Office or at a Public Enquiry Office.

If you use one of the 17 designated post offices to take biometric, you don't need to do book any appointment. It is more like a walk-in-center.

If, however, you want to use public enquiry office to give your biometric, then you have to book an appointment and you need the reference number mentioned on biometric registration invitation letter to book the appointment.
The question is... to be or not to be....