ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for baby of Indian parents recently naturalised as Brits

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beethoven
Newly Registered

OCI for baby of Indian parents recently naturalised as Brits

Post by beethoven » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:01 am

My wife and I recently obtained British nationality, and our OCI cards have also been approved and are expected shortly. Our baby was born to us while we still had Indian nationality. We have applied for a British passport for the baby (which she is entitled to, according to the Home Office). Question: can we apply for an OCI card for the baby? I would assume that since we were Indian nationals working in the UK, who subsequently took British nationality, she would qualify as her parents were Indian nationals per the Indian Citizenship Act at the time of birth. Please confirm whether my understanding is correct. Thanks for your help.