ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry on a UK Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Re-entry on a UK Visitor Visa

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi everyone!
I was hoping someone could help me.
I am Russian and my fiance is British, we have been together for almost 5 years.
I was granted a Multi 180 day UK C-Visit Visa in October 2011 and visited my fiance in the UK for one month in Dec-Jan for the Christmas holidays. After I came back, my fiance and I decided that I should come visit again as soon as possible. At first we thought of applying for another visitor visa, but then thought that there is no point since I still have a valid visa in my passport (valid until April 28th). I want to travel again to the UK on Feb 14th and stay until April 25th. My job let me have this time off and provided me with a letter. I have more than enough money to show in my bank account.
My question is, will there be problems at Border Control since my stay would be a bit over 2 months? Is there a chance I might not be granted entry clearance?
The documents I can show them are:
- Bank letter and bank statements with enough money to cover my stay in the UK
- Letter from my employer stating my position at the company and my salary, along with permission to let me have a long holiday with a date when they expect me back at work
- Return tickets for April 25th
- Documents of property ownership in Russia

Perhaps I am worrying too much, I have already proved enough to be granted this visa in the first place, but perhaps I might need to prove myself again at the border.
Thanks.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Your multi-entry 6 month visa means that you can make as many visits as you wish before its expiry date. You shouldn't have any problems re-entering next week as long as you can show that you intend to leave the country before it expires on April 28th, which apparently you can.

The IO could look up the original visa application and see how long you said you were coming to the UK, but even if you only declared the original short visit, he can't do much about it, because you have a valid visa and even if you were refused entry you would have the right of appeal before removal, and the appeal date would be long after the date of expiry of the visa, so there would be no point in refusing you. He might wish to check that you're visiting the same sponsor, but if you are, again, no problem.

I wish when I was working that I could have had three months holiday within six. Giving visit visas or entry stamps for 6 months is pretty stupid IMHO, but there you go, what do I know.

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! You really put my mind at rest!

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 am

I'm a current IO, if you came up to my desk with the facts as you have stated there would be no problem.

You might get questioned a little more intensely given your proposed length of stay and the fact the visit is so soon after a previous visit. Ultimately however you are doing nothing wrong and I can't see any grounds on which any reasonable IO would refuse you.

Have a great holiday. :)

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Thank you, INSIDER!

Just an update: I had no problems going through Border Control, I didn't even have to show any documents, the Immigration Officer said that all is fine as long as I understand the conditions of my visa.

I have another question, if you will be so kind to advise me again. The next visa I want to apply for is Visitor for Marriage. Would there be problems getting this next visitor visa (we have all the documentation, I still have a job and property and enough funds etc.)? Is the fact that I came twice on my previous visitor visa going to have any negative effects with my next application?