ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for my step daughter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tuffgyal
Newly Registered

Applying for my step daughter

Post by Tuffgyal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi my husband received his spouse visa from Jamaica in November. He has always played a big part in his daughters life looking after her the child's mother runs off every couple of months and leaves the child with her mother. But just before hubby got his visa she turned up with the child's birth papers saying she doesn't want her. His daughter is now in the care of my husbands father. But this is now causing problem as they don't have time to care for her my husband has now flown to Jamaica to somthing out so that a family friend can care for her. we have sent money over for school fees etc. where do we stand on applying for his daughter? We have had no contact with the birth mother even her family haven't herd from her just that she's moved to a small island. Hubby's name is not on his daughters birth paper but it shows his daughter has his surname. We understand we will have to have a DNA test done to prove to Eco that he is the father. Is there any way we can apply for her considering the mother has neglected and abandoned her?? My step daughter is 5 years old.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:48 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.