ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(O) Success at Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m.j

ILR Set(O) Success at Croydon

Post by m.j » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Hi All

This is a great discussion forum for the immigration related news.
Below is my experience at the UKBA Office:

I applied under the Tier 1 General Category.
Had my appointment at 8:30 am in the morning and was out by 10:30 am.
One thing to note that for an 8:30 appointment, even if you go in early to the UKBA centre, they will allow you to get in but the people will earlier appointments will be given preference when teh ticket numbers are actually called.

Documents requested by the Case Worker (along with photocopies):
Payslips + Dividend Vouchers for the past 1 year
Bank Statements
P60 for 5 years
Work Permit Letter (for my previous employer, since I shifted from WP to Tier1)
Life in UK Certificate

I am working via a Limited Company so had taken a lot of documents (both company related and personal), but the case worker didn't ask for any of those. He was not even interested in the reference letter given by the accountant.

Once the case worker confirmed that he was ready to give me ILR, I was given the passport back in 1 hr with the stamping.

My total leaves in the 5 year period were less than 180 with no single absence of more than 90 days.

Lastly, FYI, the chocolate muffin in the coffee shop on the 2nd floor is really tasty..:)

mayana

re;

Post by mayana » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:04 pm

did you submit income n expenditure statement did u have to tell the caseworker,u are self employed or sole trader or limited compny,how did the case worker find out

mailppk

Post by mailppk » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:30 am

Hi
did u apply 28 days before ur hsmp stamp date?
did u come late after hsmp stamp?
your reply will be of help.
Regards,

m.j

Re: re;

Post by m.j » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:49 am

mayana wrote:did you submit income n expenditure statement did u have to tell the caseworker,u are self employed or sole trader or limited compny,how did the case worker find out
When I mentioned the accountant reference letter (detailing the income + dividend), the case worker asked me if I was self employed, to which I answered NO. He was fine with that answer and didnt ask any further questions.

But just to be on the safe side, if you are having a Ltd Company, I would suggest take all your company related documents including bank statements, incorporation certificate and VAT registration certificate along with the management accounts and VAT returns, which you can use to prove that you are an employee of your company and pay Income Tax, NI along with receiving monthly salary.

Didnt submit any income and Expenditure Statement as a part of application, but had everything ready with me in case the case worker had asked me.

m.j

Post by m.j » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 am

mailppk wrote:Hi
did u apply 28 days before ur hsmp stamp date?
did u come late after hsmp stamp?
your reply will be of help.
Regards,
Mailppk

I applied 20 days before completing 5 years stay in the UK. I had come in UK on a Work Permit and changed to HSMP in 2007, so no question of coming late after HSMP stamp.

But yes, I came a month late after the initial Work Permit Stamp.
I counted the five year period from my date of entry in the UK and not from the date when my first Work Permit was stamped.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:30 am

Congrats m.j

So you meant he CW didn't even cross verify the payslips and dividend vouchers with the business bank account nor the remittances to your personal account ?

m.j

Post by m.j » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:08 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Congrats m.j

So you meant he CW didn't even cross verify the payslips and dividend vouchers with the business bank account nor the remittances to your personal account ?
thanks.
He cross verified with the Personal Bank Statements not the business bank statements.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks m.j were these cross verifications for the amounts only or even the dates ???

And were your dates on your payslip and dividend vouchers matching the remittance dates in your bank statements ?

m.j

Post by m.j » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:07 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Thanks m.j were these cross verifications for the amounts only or even the dates ???

And were your dates on your payslip and dividend vouchers matching the remittance dates in your bank statements ?
Don't think he cross verified any of the dates, would have verified just the amounts.

Payslip always mentioned the last day of the month and the remittance date was always different, so that should not be a concern.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:57 am

Hi M.J....congrats.

I've booked appointment to go in nxt week. I'm a Director of my Ltd Co. and get paid by salary + dividends. Accountant has provided letter, dividend vouchers, pay slips. And also will be submitting my personal and Ltd Co. bank statements for 12months along with all Ltd Co docs (incorporation, VAT).

What do you mean by company management accounts?