ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need help on a few questions on AN form and NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dj_factor
Newly Registered

need help on a few questions on AN form and NCS appointment

Post by dj_factor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello all,
I have a few question if someone can kindly please advice me on it. Im applying as a spouse of a british national.

1-) I came in the uk in 2004 and got my spouse visa in 2009. In the dates i first came to uk, should i put 2004 or 2009 with the view of long stay.

2-) I obtained my spouse visa in uk on the 27th feb 2009 and i gained my indefinate on the 17th feb 2011 and i have booked by NCS appointment for the 24th feb. Today i received the registerar's latter saying that you should be present in the uk from 25th feb 2009 to 24th feb 2012 to qualify. Am i eligible to book an appointment for the 24th feb 2012 or do i need to push it a few days more.

3-) in section 1.17 it says - please provide your addresses for the past 5 years, even though i have been in uk since 2004, do i need to give 3 years or the past 5 years.

4-)Do i need my photograph on the referee page to be signed at the back by one of my referee's... (Got a tiny slip from leeds NCS saying please have your photograph signed by 1 of your referee's)

5-) The registerar's letter says a point --->
(If your spose was born on or after 1st jan 1983, you must also bring his/her mothers original british birth certificate).

The problem here is that my wife's parents were born in asia and their birth certificates is of an asian origin, so how can i do this....

thanks in advance for your help guys.

Smallfamily

Re: need help on a few questions on AN form and NCS appointm

Post by Smallfamily » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 pm

1- In ur case it will be 2004 date because you haven't left UK and then didn't enter UK again on spouse visa.

2- I would recommend you should wait just to be safe!

3- address for 5 years

4- Yes

5- Dont you have one translated in English?

Cheers

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:53 am

Have you switched to the spouse visa in-country or did you leave the UK for it?

You must have been physically in the UK 3 years before the day the HO receive your application. This is a pass/fail criteria which you must meet. It is OK if you were on a different visa category but you need to have been in the country on the beginning of the qualifying period (around 25th Feb 2009 depending when the application is received by the HO).

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 pm

Thanks to Smallfamily & jambo.

@smallfamily - Dont think my mother in law will have an english translated birth certificate. I dont understand, why would they require my mother in laws birth certitificate even though my wife was born in uk and has her brith certificate and british passport. any thoughts.....

@jambo - I was on a student visa prior to spouse visa and applied for the spouse visa here in UK. Well i was in Uk since 2004 just use to go for the usual holidays to europe and middleeast but they used to be for 1-2 weeks max in a year. I didnt have to leave uk for the new spouse visa as it was grantd at croydon.

My only mixup is that i was in UK from June 2004 to 27th Feb 2009, the day when i went to PEO for face to face spouse visa application and my indefinate date was 17th Feb 2011, so will attending my NCS appointment for 24th Feb be ok or should i call and reschedule it for 27th-28th feb or so on.

Thanks guys

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:20 pm

dj_factor wrote:My only mixup is that i was in UK from June 2004 to 27th Feb 2009, the day when i went to PEO for face to face spouse visa application
Do you mean you have been abroad after 27th Feb 2009? If you have been in the UK, then the starting date of the spouse visa doesn't matter. It is OK to use your time on the student visa.

BTW - You could have applied for a BC already on 17 Feb 2011 when you were granted ILR. Spouse of BC don't need to wait for 1 year if they meet the requirements (i.e. 3 years in the UK etc).

dj_factor
Newly Registered

Post by dj_factor » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 pm

damn i never knew this. My solicitor at that time told me that i had to wait for 1 year from iLR to apply for it :(

with holidays i meant to say i have been in the uk since 2004 but just used to go on annual holidays for a week or more. Since spouse visa, i have been out of country for more than 30 days in 3 years total.