ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matthewmatthew
Newly Registered

Long Term Residency

Post by matthewmatthew » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Hello,
It will be very thankful if anyone can clear my doubts,
I like to apply for Long Term Residency and I completed 6 months on my stamp 4 work permit visa my Visa will expire on april. My question is when I apply for LTR should I have a valid visa for certain months (6 months).

many thanks,
matthew

adlexy

Re: Long Term Residency

Post by adlexy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:30 pm

matthewmatthew wrote:Hello,
It will be very thankful if anyone can clear my doubts,
I like to apply for Long Term Residency and I completed 6 months on my stamp 4 work permit visa my Visa will expire on april. My question is when I apply for LTR should I have a valid visa for certain months (6 months).

many thanks,
matthew
matthewmatthew,

Ideally, you should have a permit at any point during your stay in this country :)

If you make the application NOW, you may be lucky to get approval letter before then and so will not need to renew your permit again in April before you get you LTR. But if what I think is what they do, then they will probably wait till you have spent the extra 150euro and then send you your LTR to go and pay another 500euro.

But generally, I will assume that you may be able to get it before your renewal is due - hopefully.

All the best