ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If a person doenst leave the country as per their visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

korp
Newly Registered

If a person doenst leave the country as per their visa?

Post by korp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:36 pm

I was wondering what happens if a person does not leave the UK when their Visa expires?

I have a "friend" that is planing to stay after her visa expires. I dont really want to be involved in it and Im telling her she can return with another type of visa, but its her decision I guess. I was however wondering what will happen to her and what will happen to her endorsers, who helped her to get a visa in the first place? Is it even possible to "hide" in the country (UK), wouldn't she be found fast and deported pretty easily?

I hope this is an ok general question?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:05 pm

It is technically a criminal offence to overstay a visa. In the Tower of London, down in the dungeons, there is a special section where such offenders are kept.

Seriously, does this person realise that overstaying is liable to cause problems in the future? What if they ever need a further visa sometime in the future?
John

korp
Newly Registered

Post by korp » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:21 pm

John wrote:It is technically a criminal offence to overstay a visa. In the Tower of London, down in the dungeons, there is a special section where such offenders are kept.

Seriously, does this person realise that overstaying is liable to cause problems in the future? What if they ever need a further visa sometime in the future?
thanks for your reply, as far as I know she is fine with never being able to return to the UK. She is young and enjoying herself at the moment and just wants to stay for maybe 1-2 years and then go back home and get back to her life at home, or so she say.

Im sure this could change, but thats her argument atm. If anything I think she is more worried of getting her sponsor in trouble if she does "elope".

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:14 am

She will find herself in detention and they will remove her within 3 days.If she is not careful she will be removed with nothing other than the clothes she is wearing.

Tell her to seek help to try and extend her stay.

korp
Newly Registered

Post by korp » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:35 pm

peppekalle wrote:She will find herself in detention and they will remove her within 3 days.If she is not careful she will be removed with nothing other than the clothes she is wearing.

Tell her to seek help to try and extend her stay.
Yeah I told her this, but she said that she does not really care as she is not planing or interested in settling or anything similar. She has no real reason to stay in UK other then not wanting to go home right now, since she is enjoying herself so much atm.

She comes from a good family back home and will just pick up her life as normal when she goes back, she wants to go back home just not right now, if she can avoid it for around one year or so.

I dont think I can convince her anything else, but I still care and I dont want her to be in any real trouble, I also know her sponsors and would not like them to be in trouble either.

Basically what she is saying that the worst thing that can happen is that she is sent home, and if and when that happens she is perfectly happy to go home. I find it hard to argue against that, expect on a moral basis.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:42 pm

I think the best thing you could is to inform her sponsors. i certainly would want to know.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 pm

They may be given £1500/- or more to start a new life in their OWN homeland :lol:

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:They may be given £1500/- or more to start a new life in their OWN homeland :lol:
I think the £1500 is only for asylum seekers.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I stand to be corrected but I think it's for every alien who wants to depart on its own!!
In worst case, how long it takes to claim asylum?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Aryan2013 wrote:I stand to be corrected but I think it's for every alien who wants to depart on its own!!
In worst case, how long it takes to claim asylum?
it is only for failed asylum seekers.