ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unemployed Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rgutis13
Newly Registered

unemployed Good Character

Post by rgutis13 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 pm

I currently hold ILR and soon would like to apply for the BC. The problem is that I recently lost the job whereas for the past 4+ years had been fully employed and paid the taxes. So, even tough I'm currently very actively looking, it seems like it's going to take some time to find one.

My questions relate to the Section 3: Good Character Requirements:

- should I respond that I'm currently unemployed?
- can my current unemployement status have an effect on the outcome of my application? If yes, would help to demonstrate my good character if I take for now any jobs, low-paid at the restaraunt etc?
- does it matter how long I've been in the position (e.g. unemployed or employee with the company X) that I'll declare on the application form?

Many thanks for your help!!!

rgutis13
Newly Registered

Post by rgutis13 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Any help/advise you could provide that relate to the above raised question, would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:06 pm

there is no requirement to be employed (or indeed to have ever been employed)

rgutis13
Newly Registered

Post by rgutis13 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Thank you Greenie.

In that case, to the question "What is your occupation?" should I answer that I'm currently unemployed?

Thank you for your help!