ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can she apply ILR soon she got Spouse visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aa1112
Newly Registered

Can she apply ILR soon she got Spouse visa?

Post by aa1112 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:49 pm

I was on tier-2 General visa,last week I got my Indefinite leave to Remian visa (10 yrs long term catergery).My wife and 2yr son (born outside uk) still on Tier-2 dependent visa (expires 11/12). My question is

1.My wife and son leaved more than 2yrs in UK

a)What form they need to fill to extent their stay.FLR(M) or SET(M)

b)If they have to apply FLR(M) they need to spend 2yr more on same to eligible for ILR? or

C)Can she apply ILR soon she got Spouse visa?

D)Can my child apply directly for settlement without switching to FLR(M)?

2.Is there any time limit to switch visa catergery (dependent to spouse)if yes ? how many days?

Thanking you in advance for you guidance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Can she apply ILR soon she got Spouse visa?

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 pm

aa1112 wrote:1.My wife and son leaved more than 2yrs in UK
Assuming "lived" instead of "leaved", then:
1a. FLR(M).
1b. Follow 1c.
1c. Apply for SET(M) as soon as FLR(M) is issued.
1d. Yes, but will be a costly proposition as compared to being included as a dependant in FLR(M) and SET(M) application.
2. No, the dependant(s) should switch to FLR(M) leave before his / her current leave expires or he / she travels outside the Common Travel Area (whichever is expected to occur first).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:54 pm

Hello sushdmehta,
My wife got her flr(m) and today I called up HO to ask whether she can apply for her ILR immediately.They said no she has to complete 2 years of stay in UK on spouse visa.When i quoted 287(a)(i)(d) she said it is for those who complete 5 years of stay on tier 2 visa and get ILR and because i got ILR on basis of 10 years residencey she is not eligible to apply for her ILR.(My wife was tier 2 dependant and has been in UK for 2 years now).Any help please????
My son also got his flr(m) dependant visa with his mother.Does he needs to switch to set(o) along with my wife or he is eligible for naturalisation along with me in September 2012???
Thanks in advance...

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:05 pm

aa1112 wrote:Hello sushdmehta,
My wife got her flr(m) and today I called up HO to ask whether she can apply for her ILR immediately.They said no she has to complete 2 years of stay in UK on spouse visa.When i quoted 287(a)(i)(d) she said it is for those who complete 5 years of stay on tier 2 visa and get ILR and because i got ILR on basis of 10 years residencey she is not eligible to apply for her ILR.(My wife was tier 2 dependant and has been in UK for 2 years now).Any help please????
See also FLR or ILR for my Dependant and wife ILR granted today at croydon.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:17 pm

aa1112 wrote:My son also got his flr(m) dependant visa with his mother.Does he needs to switch to set(o) along with my wife or he is eligible for naturalisation along with me in September 2012???
Thanks in advance...
To be safe include him in his mother's SET(M). However, see also On Discretion basis MN1 application for child born outof uk.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:18 pm

Hello Vinny,
Thanks for the quick reply..Just wanted to know do i need to add my son as dependant on set(m) form or can apply directly for naturalisation along with me at the end of the year????
Thanks once again...

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:19 pm

thanks for ur help...appreciate it!!!!Have a great day...

mohd24
Newly Registered

Post by mohd24 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:34 pm

Hiii,
I have been granted ILR on the basis of long residency.I am in the same scenario as above and I need to apply for my wife flr(m).I just wanted to know do i need to add my daughter as dependant on flr(m) or can add her directly on set(m) form without adding her on flr(m)???
Great place to share information...
Keep up the good work...
Thank you for all the information and help

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:43 pm

If you child wasn't born in the UK, then it's safer to include her in FLR(M) and SET(M).

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:46 am

Hello,
As i said my wife and son recently got their FLR(M) and I am looking forward to apply for ILR for my wife and son on the basis of 287(a)(i)(d).Currently the UKBA website doesnt shows any personal appointements for SET(M) service in Birmingham except Croydon.I am bit scared because in croydon they take the payment first and then the case worker decides on ur application and if they feel your application is not successful no refund unlike Solihull where decision on ur application is made first and if its successful they ask you to make payment..And I was thinking is it worth risking 2025£???I was wondering if you can please help me write a covering letter with my wife application stating the immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) and explaining how she is eligible to get her ILR immediately after switching to FLR(M) as she has already spent 2 years in UK.So that in case they refuse her giving her ILR I can show them the letter and explain.
Many thanks in advance for ur help.

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi,correct me if i am wrong? the immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) also applies to Tier2 dependants as both the casses which got sucesses were Tier1 dependants.
Thanks again.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:42 pm

aa1112 wrote:Hi,correct me if i am wrong? the immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) also applies to Tier2 dependants as both the casses which got sucesses were Tier1 dependants.
Thanks again.
yes - it applies to tier 2 dependents to (in fact when they changed the rules last year, they changed the phrase to dependent of relevent PBS migrant' to include tier 2 dependents.

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks"Greenie" for quick reply.
If guru's like you or moderators guide me writing a covering letter with my wife application stating the immigration rule 287(a)(i)(d) and explaining how she is eligible to get her ILR immediately after switching to FLR(M) as she has already spent 2 years in UK.
So that in case they refuse her giving her ILR I can show them the letter and explain.

Many thanks in advance for ur help.

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 pm

Hello,
Got appointment on friday at croydon for set(m).Please help me write a covering letter for my wife application regarding 287(a)(i)(d).Please guide me what to mention in the covering letter..
Many thanks

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Hii,
Met a solicitor regarding my wife set(m)...He said me that she is not eligible for applying her ILR.The reason he gave me is below..

You have typed /read paragraph 287 incorrectly -
287. (a) The requirements for indefinite leave to remain for the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom are that:

(i) (a) the applicant was admitted to the United Kingdom for a period not exceeding 27 months or given an extension of stay for a period of 2 years in accordance with paragraphs 281 to 286 of these Rules and has completed a period of 2 years as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the United Kingdom; or

Therefore as you have not been the spouse of him for 2 years yet since he obtained his ILR, unfortunately you would not be able to apply yet.

what do u suggest shall I still go on with my appointment in croydon on friday for her set(m) or wait for 2 years.
Please reply....
just got 2 days to decide...
thanks in advance..

aa1112
Newly Registered

Post by aa1112 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:03 am

Hi:every one,
Time to pay back valuable feedback to add more value to this forum.My special thanks to Shusdmehta,Vinny,Guru and all the members of this forum.

I wont have to mention UKBA rule 287 (a) (i)(d).again

Croydon 24th 2012 ILR has been granted to my wife. I have ILR on long residency 10 years basis, wife was here with me as a tier 2 dependent from last 2+ years , changed her visa to spouse 2 weeks back (got 2 years spouse) and yesterday applied for ILR which has been granted, so any one who got long residency 10 years ILR and their dependent living with them from last 2 years dont need to wait for ILR for next 2 years. If they want after FLR(m) can apply direct for ILR.

Thanks for every one helping me on this board.Give your feedback its valuable.dont just disappear soon you get your answer and reappear when you have a question.

Thanks[/b]